“FANTASTIC HOLIDAY”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Dairy

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Andy T
“Sort the entrance out”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Love the barns themselves, no real problems, although the lights out the front never seem to work and are absolutely no use when trying to obtain the key, when entering in the dark.
The key boxes are a good idea, but let down by the fact that even when you have the right combination, it seems very fiddly to get the little door open...The mechanism is not great and leads to frustration and broken nails.
The entrance to the barns is very poor...
Looks dreadful when you pull in, with a very untidy part of the property on the left. The ground is in total disrepair and suggests that you had better have a 4x4, or you might have problems.
As I said, the barns are great and we have booked again, but there is room for improvement outside.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
19 Oct 2015
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your review. I completely agree about the entrance, but unfortunately this is just a shared access, and the barn adjacent to our holiday barns does not belong to us, and we have been informed on several occasions that the area is going to be improved. However I must disagree that a 4x4 is required, as I and other guests have not found this to be a problem. It is at times wet/muddy but still flat and easy to drive across. The entrance is also an access way into one of our farm's fields, so there are farm vehicles driving across at times. As it is a working farm (as clearly advertised), there is unfortunately going to be mud! I am sure you will no doubt agree, that once you are in the courtyard for the barns, it is a very different story.

I am sorry you have had problems with the key box -thank you for your feedback. This has not been fed back to me before and not something that I encounter when I use them, but will take a look and see if we can make them easier to use in the future.

Finally thank you for the feedback about the outside lights. I will get an electrician in to look at them.

Otherwise, I am glad you like the barns, and we look forward to welcoming you back next week.

Many thanks,

spotlessly clean, well equipped
Ideal for travelling into London

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: well presented and spotlessly clean, quiet location
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 Aug 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we are very glad you had a fantastic holiday :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing