“The Best menu in Grand Rapids”

17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Open Monday through Saturday 11am - 10pm for lunch and dinner, and Sunday 9am - 1pm for our fabulous Sunday Breakfast Buffet, dining at the 17th Street Grill is extraordinary. With style and skill, our experienced culinary staff will prepare gourmet cuisine using only the freshest ingredients to create our incredible menu. Featured cuisines include sushi, American, gluten free, vegetarian and fine dining. Stay up-to-date with all happenings on our Facebook page!
Reviewed 8 May 2018

It's nice to see a more diverse menu in Grand Rapids. Also nice was that they did what they do, quite well. Grand Rapids has always struggled getting people to try more refined dished in my opinion. The restaurants in the more rural parts of Minnesota have unfortunately earned some of the stereotypes of bland cuisine. Hot dish, Walleye, Fast food and Buffett's are surely a staple this far from a major metropolitan area so its good to see this Restaurant feature items like Roasted Bone Marrow, Yellow Fin Tuna, and finer cuts of Beef. I think it stand s out more from the crowd because of the care taken in the preparation of sides, the plentiful array of sauces and glazes and finally the presentation. I had the Roasted Bone Marrow and Lamb medallions, Quite good. Cooked perfectly. Excellent dish. Reasonable prices for the menu, Nice atmosphere and professional service. I requested an off menu Port Wine for dessert and they were more than happy to find a bottle in the back and pour me a glass, very nice of them.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We had Sunday brunch a week ago was very good. Went back this week the food was not hot, service was slow. Server spilled coffee every time she fill our cups. Will not be going back any time soon. Plants by the bar needs to be cleaned dust over all the leaves.

Manager_55744, Marketing at 17th Street Grill at Timberlake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hi! I am so sorry for your experience. We always appreciate feedback as we strive to provide the best product and service. Again I am sorry for the service and food quality you received. Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and great service. Glad they are in Grand Rapids. Deserts were perfect and the beer was cold. Just how it should be.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

In for a visit to the area and heard this was the place to go for a dining experience. We visited on Monday night when they have $5 Martinis and Sushi menu. Menu features seafood, steaks and a decent wine and beer list. Friendly staff, good service & meal. Will return.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I really want to thoroughly love this place because it's the only restaurant in town with servers that know how to provide top notch service. And the food is outstanding, with no complaints. But.... Our last visit was a nightmare. Again, excellent food, but our friend had to wait 50 minutes in the pasta line to get her food. Way too long! Why make your clientele do that? It was wonderful food, but an excessive wait. I ordered a ribeye, at $35. I had to send it back three times because the steak was lukewarm and the sides were actually cold. The server was apologetic, they comped a glass of wine, and gave me a free lunch coupon, all handled very well. Once the food was served hot, it was wonderful, as always. So..... Really good food, excellent servers, but what's up with the kitchen?