“Bring back the shrimp tacos!!”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in Edina
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: York Avenue
Transit: The #6 bus has stops along France Ave. and York Ave.
Description: The history of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants began when Bill McCormick purchased Jake's Famous Crawfish Restaurant located in Portland, Oregon, and brought the more than 100-year-old landmark back to life. When asked the secret of how he revitalized a restaurant on the brink of closing, McCormick says, "I like nothing better than being a good host." Part of the managerial talent McCormick tapped was Doug Schmick, a management trainee. The two formed a partnership in 1974, creating Traditional Concepts, a precursor to today's McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants. In 1979, they opened the original McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Portland, Oregon. Since that time, the company has expanded to more than 80 restaurants across the country. The combination of an open imagination and a respect for tradition are what makes McCormick & Schmick's the classic and successful business that it is today.
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We would frequently go here for happy hour but they stopped serving the shrimp tacos, they were our favorite & we will return if they bring them back

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Stopped by for lunch and tried the lobster and shrimp roll. We are from New England and long to find a real New England style lobster roll. Tried a lot of places over the years and usually disappointed. Not this time. We were doubtful since it included shrimp, but the roll measured up to our high standards for taste and portion size. Hope they keep it on the regular menu. If they do we'll be back! Oh, by the way, our server was pleasant and efficient. The decor is McCormick and Schmick's usual quiet sophistication.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

This serves as the breakfast option for the Westin and it exceeds expectations. Solid omelette here and tasty coffee. Good service.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took my in-laws here for dinner at their suggestion. We all had a wonderful meal and everyone was happy after the experience. I enjoyed the New York strip and it was cooked to perfection. My mother-in-law had the walleye which I tasted and it was outstanding as well.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

While staying at the Westin we visited this restaurant, but only for breakfast. So, unfortunately, I can’t review what they are actually known for. I can say, however, that the staff couldn’t have been nicer and more welcoming.

Date of visit: July 2018