“Travelers; hidden at the top of the hill”
Review of The Hilltop

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #20 of 106 Restaurants in Edina
Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

I grew up in Edina and this venue has been a different restaurant several times over the last 20-30 years. We had not been here for 3-4 years and the space is so much more open. We sat on the four season porch which were very skeptical of because it was the coldest day of the year in Minnesota in January. It was so warm and what a welcome change after the coronavirus shut down. They have awesome convection heating.

We were greeted promptly and the host pointed out the Filet Mignon special on the board behind us. I had the Filet Mignon on the four season porch as the January sun set into the west across the brilliant snow. My wife had the short ribs; both the filet Mignon and the short ribs were great along with the mash potatoes and asparagus. She substituted asparagus for the carrots and parsnips.We did the onion rings and a couple of Michelob Golden Lights in a bottle.

The total was $70 plus tip for two people, competitive for moderate priced restaurants in the Minneapolis/St Paul area. We found a new local spot which is not too hard to find. Follow your GPS, it’s on the hilltop.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank davidkQ9686WR
Write a reviewReviews (63)

Reviewed 27 January 2020 via mobile

Went to this place for lunch and now I know why the place was full of 90 year olds because their tastebuds are gone. I ordered a walleye sandwich it was like someone had worked on making it terrible. Tasteless boiled fish served on a stale wheat bun and frozen burnt onion rings. Added a bowl of soup 30 bucks. Didn’t eat more than a bite and the waitress didn’t ask me if it was ok when she took it away and didn’t ask if I needed a box because she knew it sucked.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank I737BNmikem
Reviewed 13 November 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our breakfast for 8. The service is quick. The food was delicious. The restaurant was very busy.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 31 October 2019

Its somewhat hidden off of 100 but worth the stop. Service was great and their happy hour offerings were all very good. Make sure and sit in their 4 seasons room, very open and nice on a sunny day.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 21 October 2019

Just got the French dip to go. Got it with the slaw which was very ok. Pretty basic. The dressing was very watery. The sandwich itself was pretty good. I am glad the server checked the carton for the Jus, which was missing. The meat was slightly dry, which is why the 4 stars and not 5. The bread was tasty and the onions and cheese was awesome. The Just was very good. Lots of onions. Overall, I would definitely go back. The place is busy for lunch. Parking lot was completely full. It was busy inside, but I was able to walk right in and my food was already waiting.

Date of visit: October 2019