Lowest prices for your stay
US$162
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$162
Fairfield Inn
US$161
PricelineUS$162
Hotels.comUS$162
eDreamsUS$162
All reviews lift bridge overflow parking lot check in was quick and efficient canal park newer hotel harbor view room across the bridge large walk in shower room was clean king suite twin cities mini fridge stayed for nights the breakfast area shower head oatmeal nice hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2021

Clean hotel. Of the staff we met, they were friendly. Ended up with a first floor room, but we were very near our car. Not great views, but okay. The breakfast was a sufficient "quick something to get you going in the morning" meal. If we wanted something more elaborate, we would have gone to a restaurant. All in all, it was a nice rest stop for a quick stay in Duluth.

Room tip: Don't really have a clue what other rooms would be like, but we would have preferred second floor facing the water.
Date of stay: August 2021
Shawna Crawford, Other at Fairfield Inn & Suites Duluth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you will be back again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 1 August 2021

Positives about the hotel.
1. Great amenities like a good exercise room and pool area .
2. Room was spacious and comfortable and the bed was above average
3.Breakfast room was spacious.
4. Hotel employees were nice
5. Only about 1/2 mile from Canal Park.
Negatives
1. While it is a waterfront hotel the location was not what I hoped. On one side was an RV park and on another side some kind of boat repair shop. The hotel was more or less placed in the middle of big parking area next to an older tired neighborhood near the aerial bridge. It did have a water view out of the south and west side of the building but it was just kind of a depressing location. It is a safe location but I thought it would be a romantic stay. This area is definitely not romantic.
2. The breakfast ends promptly ( and I mean promptly) at 9am. during the week. I can see keeping breakfast till 9am weekdays 9 months a year but in the summer it should go to 930am or even 10am. 9am is too early for tourists. Also, there is no freshly made oatmeal like a lot of Fairfield's have. The breakfast attendant (who is pleasant but overworked) has to deal with people who were not using the waffle maker correctly . You need to put some directions on the waffle maker or just get rid of it. When that room is full you might have another employee come over and help the nice breakfast attendant for a bit because she seemed overworked. I think it is a bad look when you have a breakfast attendant removing everything at exactly 9am and locking the milk cabinet when you still have a lot of people eating in the breakfast area and milling around the buffet. Maybe you could announce we are closing the buffet and give people a chance to get something before you just start locking everything up while people are still milling about.

Date of stay: July 2021
Shawna Crawford, Other at Fairfield Inn & Suites Duluth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us! We will share your comments with the management team.

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel exceeded our expectations as a stopping point on a road trip. Staff was helpful and friendly and the location was charming. On the water and very close to the lift bridge. Many restaurants nearby and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Beautiful sunset overlooking the harbor topped off our stay.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2021

I was in Duluth to run Grandma’s Marathon and was completely shocked at how amazing this hotel is! I didn’t realize there was a hotel with a great view across the lift bridge at the marina. The service was impeccable, it was spotless everywhere from the room down to the market, and the managers and staff were super nice and very helpful.

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shawna Crawford, Other at Fairfield Inn & Suites Duluth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come again!

Reviewed 11 May 2021

Before we arrived, I received an e-mail from the front desk regarding covid protocols. The e-mail was sent to all 34 guests listing everyone's name and e-mail in the CC line. In this day and age of identity theft and especially with the Marriott hack in the last couple of years, this is an unacceptable way to do business. I contacted the front desk e-mail about this and never heard back. Strike One!
When we arrived we checked in without incident or acknowledgment of status other than: "Points or one item from pantry?" No biggie, but they should do better.
When we went to the room and I sat on the couch, I got poked by a metal rod coming through the cushion. I took a picture and advised the front desk about the serious issue. Strike two!
Breakfast on Saturday morning was hectic with a number of families. A sign said back in 5 minutes. We left after 5 minutes with a number of people still waiting in line for food to be replenished.
I e-mailed the front desk last week asking for the Manager to contact me since I did not want to leave a negative review, but only correct strikes one and two. I have heard nothing in the last 5 days.

Room tip: Pull up the cushions on the couch before you sit down.
Date of stay: May 2021
Ellen Betzold, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Duluth Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2021

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so sorry that we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate hotel team.