Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area
US$185
US$154
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a great design. We felt like we were staying at a boutique hotel. We love the pool table, foosball and multi tvs in the lounge area. What a great price i got on the hotel as well. My son loved the games and challenged us to a game of pool and foosball. Rooms are nicely funrished with a refrigerator. Sink is outside the bathroom with is nice. Only complaint would be the small bathroom. 2 elevators is a nice touch. Warm greeting at the lobby area. No free breakfast except for kids. We would stay here again. It was an easy drive to watch the Minnesota Wilds play and close enough to Mall of America.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gardeningteacher8
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We ended up traveling to the cities two days early (two weeks ago) to beat a storm as we were flying to Florida on Wednesday. There was a mix-up with our two seperate reservations as we had previously made one with them to Park and Fly. The manager, Boe, took the time to look it over and made sure we were charged correctly.

We found the hotel to be very clean, the staff friendly and the food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. This was especially appreciated as it was storming out and we really did NOT want to leave! The gal who manages the bar/restaurant was also very friendly and worked very hard to please her busy crowd.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Boe L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear lynnrosegoltz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your most recent stay in Bloomington. We hope that the trip to Florida was a warmer welcome than the snow that you got when you were here.

Jen does an outstanding job in our restaurant and when it is very busy because of storms she is a rock star! I am so happy she was able to show you this during your stay with us and we could provide a safe place for a bite to eat without bearing the elements.

Thank you so much for staying with us and I hope that we can have you back as a guest with us very soon!

Boe Lindvall

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Simple enough place if you have to stay for business in the local area, but nothing to really set it apart, and 3 other hotels nearby.
The lobby, bar and restaurant have all obviously been updated to be quite appealing, however the general corridors and rooms are a bit tired and old. Lighting in the room was particularly poor, with only individual lamps around the room and no overhead lights. In room AC (heating) was also quite noisy, so getting sleep was a challenge, and had to resort to earplugs.
Seemed clean and comfortable enough. Upshot was microwave and bathtub.

Breakfast was also limited to options off a menu - no buffet. Choices were ok, but nothing great.

Upshot is there is at least a small gym room and pool, and a guest laundry which was handy for my 10 days of travel.

I would come again, as it is my company preferred chain, but I would consider other options if similarly priced.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I’m not one to complain publicly because I know how hard it is to run a business. That being said, I feel compelled to write a public review of this hotel so people can consider it when looking for a hotel near the airport.

I waited at the front desk to check in (after driving 5+ hrs through a MN blizzard/snowstorm) for 15 mins. I called the hotel once after waiting for 5 mins, then my boyfriend came inside to see what was taking so long to check in as we had arrived at 1:00-1:30 AM and had to fly
out VERY early. My boyfriend knocked on the office door twice to see what
was going on and walked around the building to see if anyone was even working at the hotel. I then called the hotel again and a man answered the phone and when I said I had been waiting at the front desk, he hung up on me. He walked out of the office door in front of the desk and was the most rude employee I have ever dealt with. Eye rolling, sighing when I’d ask a question, all that fun stuff. It was embarrassing and incredibly frustrating to deal with this employee as my boyfriend and I both wanted to directly ask him what his problem was. My boyfriend suggested the hotel get a bell in the lobby and the employee said he had cameras he was monitoring... which either means he was asleep or did not care that two people were waiting at the front desk for at least 15 mins to check in. The employee also did not tell us we had to park in another lot for the Park and Fly option until the next morning (at 4 AM) when we had to get on the shuttle. Overall, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and, more importantly, an inattentive employee of this caliber could cause serious harm to not only his employer but other guests who are staying at the hotel. It was actually mind-blowing how rude the employee was. The room was nice but the carpet had a crusted-on stain in one corner of the room which was pretty gross to encounter with bare feet.

I do want to note that the shuttle drivers were excellent and very professional. Also, the location is good.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Boe L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Kristen R,

My deepest apologies for your most recent experience with us at the Holiday Inn Bloomington W. I can imagine how frustrating that must have been for you at that hour of night. It is completely unacceptable from myself, ownership, and IHG standards to have this be the reception that any of our guests would receive.

We do not accept that this has happened and have addressed this directly with the associate. We truly hope to have the opportunity to win you back as a guest with us and at the very least IHG Hotels. Unfortunately one bad experience has happened and I do understand what that can mean from your perspective and how it will be perceived of the service moving forward. However I do believe this was an isolated incident and we have remedied the situation.

We pride ourselves in service and hope to change your mind about the hotel and the company. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any further questions or comments you may have and we would love the opportunity to bring you back to the hotel if you should be in the Bloomington area again to show you that this was an isolated incident.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your concerns with us as this truly does help us to get better daily in what we do.

Boe Lindvall
952-831-9595

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We stayed here before boarding our plane the next morning for Cancun. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and brought us to the hotel. Jim was the driver and he was professional and helpful. Probably waited 15 minutes after contacting the hotel for a shuttle ride. We found the hotel desk staff (Aletha) to be very professional and helpful as well. Our room had everything in it and was very clean and well maintained. The restaurant had a good selection for dinner and the food was excellent. We took the hotel shuttle to the airport at 5:00 a.m.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Matt C, Manager at Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Mike,

It was our pleasure to have served you! Enjoy Cancun!

(and we'll try to get these temps back above zero while you are gone)