“Probably great but not as much for us ”
Review of The Grind

The Grind
Ranked #110 of 242 Restaurants in Bloomington
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying at the AC hotel next door, so we stopped over to this coffee shop. The inside is nice and we thought the many plug-ins for computers were a nice touch for people who were working or studying. We ordered a coffee, an iced chai tea latte, and 2 breakfast sandwiches. The coffee was fine. The chai is labeled as “best in town” but unfortunately it wasn’t to me. I love chai, especially in Indian restaurants and perhaps this was just an Americanized-sugar version. The chai was good but so loaded with sugar that I couldn’t drink it. It even has granules of cinnamon and sugar in the drink floating, and tasted more like a liquid donut or Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal than a tea. So I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. The breakfast sandwiches were fine but tasted a little too buttery. There were only two people on staff (one coffee guy and one cook) and we noticed that it took a long time to get our sandwiches and the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed. Overall, it’s probably a great place if you’re looking for a sweet treat, and I would go again, but I would definitely order differently.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Have been here already 4 times. Have been really impressed with the quality of the coffee both hot and cold. My daughter loves the smores frappe and I don't live cold coffee and this is delicious! I've also tried the iced chai tea and it was super good. We have tried a variety of donuts and they are all super tasty, made to order.. they remind me of Krispy Kreme which we no longer have around here. And we've also tried the cheese curds and they were fantastic a little over priced for a coffee shop but very good. Really enjoy having this shop in our neighborhood.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

A great locally owned coffee shop that had some delicious coffee and homemade pastries and sandwiches that are made to order. We were staying at the nearby AC Hotel and stopped on our way over for a meeting at the MOA. Nice atmosphere and a great little spot to relax or get a bite to eat.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I was staying at the next door AC Marriott hotel. Walked over to Grind for a cup of coffee. Quality was good. Seating a little uncomfortable but not bad. Location was perfect.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

No sweeter words were ever spoken. I impulsively stopped by early on my way to work after hearing about this new coffee and donut shop. My latte was great, and the warm, freshly glazed Java donut was out of this world. Friendly service and family-owned, so you feel good about supporting the place. Next time I'll pick up a dozen to treat my co- workers...I promise!