Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$76
eDreamsUS$76
Agoda.comUS$76
TripadvisorUS$76
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here.
Room: we rented their biggest room and it was indeed large
Which was great, had a jacuzzi, sauna and the direct access to pool and lake was super. But I wasn't a great fan of the "glasses up toilet" (not recommended for new couples?!) and I am sure they would not suffer from a renovation some time in the next couple of years. It was however always clean.
Service: Tina took care of us as if we were a family! She prepared breakfast forbid every morning and ensured we never left hungry. Also help with washing up clothes and able got park the car in the garage. She doesn't speak English, but we managed!
Other: it is close
To the centre, supermarket, spa, restaurants (highly recommend the Peruvian restaurant as long as you are not in a rush) etc. but I found it a bit strange that they did not take card payments: only cash or account transfer to their Brazilian or Swiss accounts.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rubens B, Proprietário at Girassois da Lagoa Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2016

Hello Caroline, we have refurbished our premises recently, but the "glasses up toilet" remains. Therefore, we have other options with regular toilet. Come visit us again to collect great new memories. Best regards, Rubens.

Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

It is the second time that I stayed here. A stunningly designed guest house in an excellent location just a few minutes walk from the town. Room overlooked the lagoon. Very clean. Great breakfast. Beautiful owner, staff and pet dogs ❤️
I will be back!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Girassois, Owner at Girassois da Lagoa Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2015

Hello, thanks for the amazing review. We are looking forward to having you back. Best wishes, Rubens.

Reviewed 6 December 2014

A perfect experience in the wonderful town of Florianopolis. The guest house is located in a quiet residential area, 10 minutes walk from the main road with all the shops, bars and restaurant. The view on the lake is stunning, every day I came back from a day at the beach I enjoyed the sun set overviewing the lake. Staff is super friendly, breakfast is perfect and the owner Rubens will help you with anything. I only saw one cute little dog, a French bulldog walking around, no way that this puppy will harm you or wake you up in the middle of the night :)) The room I stayed was very clean and neat. I decided to come back again next week after my stay at Jurere. I am a very spoiled traveler, but I would recommend this place to anyone, families, couples and people like myself, traveling on their own. Cant wait to be back!

Room tip: I had the room with a view on the pool, the most basic one. If you have the budget to spend, consider the room overviewing the lake, stunning!
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RvD2012

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Girassois da Lagoa surpassed my (already high) expectations, it was my favorite accommodation during a 5 week trip through South America for the World Cup.

The house is immaculately well kept, Rubens & and staff were extremely friendly and helpful and all amenities were provided for. I booked Apartment A and it was just amazing, great aspect inside and out with the balcony overlooking the property and Lagoa and the nice fireplace inside.

Very easy walk into the center of Lagoa but just nicely tucked away from the main street bustle and supermarkets & conveniences are very close by, and of course I think Lagoa itself is the best place to stay on the Island being so central to the well developed north and the more quaint & picturesque south of Florianopolis.

Look forward to one day returning to this island and without doubt to the Girassois da Lagoa Guesthouse !!

Room tip: Apartment A - Fantastic double bed. Not idea for two single travelers as a second fold-out bed has to be made up in the same room, whereas Apartment B has a dividing wall for the second bed. However given this I would still choose Apartment A as it's a much bigger & better apartment and my friend was comfortable sleeping in the second bed on the other side of the fireplace.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MelbourneAge

Reviewed 10 May 2013

After staying a few nights in the northern part of the island (for a wedding), my boyfriend and I moved to Lagoa da Conceicao. Girassois Guest House was amazing! The rooms are bright and clean, and it's right on the lake. The guesthouse is a short walk to town, and it's easy to access public transportation and taxis to explore the island during the day.

Date of stay: April 2013