Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

It is the second time that I stayed here. A stunningly designed guest house in an excellent location just a few minutes walk from the town. Room overlooked the lagoon. Very clean. Great breakfast. Beautiful owner, staff and pet dogs ❤️
I will be back!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Girassois, Owner at Girassois da Lagoa Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2015

Hello, thanks for the amazing review. We are looking forward to having you back. Best wishes, Rubens.

Reviewed 6 December 2014

A perfect experience in the wonderful town of Florianopolis. The guest house is located in a quiet residential area, 10 minutes walk from the main road with all the shops, bars and restaurant. The view on the lake is stunning, every day I came back from a day at the beach I enjoyed the sun set overviewing the lake. Staff is super friendly, breakfast is perfect and the owner Rubens will help you with anything. I only saw one cute little dog, a French bulldog walking around, no way that this puppy will harm you or wake you up in the middle of the night :)) The room I stayed was very clean and neat. I decided to come back again next week after my stay at Jurere. I am a very spoiled traveler, but I would recommend this place to anyone, families, couples and people like myself, traveling on their own. Cant wait to be back!

Room tip: I had the room with a view on the pool, the most basic one. If you have the budget to spend, consider the room overviewing the lake, stunning!
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank RvD2012

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Girassois da Lagoa surpassed my (already high) expectations, it was my favorite accommodation during a 5 week trip through South America for the World Cup.

The house is immaculately well kept, Rubens & and staff were extremely friendly and helpful and all amenities were provided for. I booked Apartment A and it was just amazing, great aspect inside and out with the balcony overlooking the property and Lagoa and the nice fireplace inside.

Very easy walk into the center of Lagoa but just nicely tucked away from the main street bustle and supermarkets & conveniences are very close by, and of course I think Lagoa itself is the best place to stay on the Island being so central to the well developed north and the more quaint & picturesque south of Florianopolis.

Look forward to one day returning to this island and without doubt to the Girassois da Lagoa Guesthouse !!

Room tip: Apartment A - Fantastic double bed. Not idea for two single travelers as a second fold-out bed has to be made up in the same room, whereas Apartment B has a dividing wall for the second bed. However given this I would still choose Apartment A as it's a much bigger & better apartment and my friend was comfortable sleeping in the second bed on the other side of the fireplace.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MelbourneAge

Reviewed 10 May 2013

After staying a few nights in the northern part of the island (for a wedding), my boyfriend and I moved to Lagoa da Conceicao. Girassois Guest House was amazing! The rooms are bright and clean, and it's right on the lake. The guesthouse is a short walk to town, and it's easy to access public transportation and taxis to explore the island during the day.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The TA reviews are good. The modern guesthouse appears well located. The owner Rubens, and his sister are charming, so expectations are high.
The location, tucked away, on Lagoa da Conceição, minutes’ walk from the shops appears tranquil, (apart from the bar across the street) and I´m sure can be. However the owner´s dogs are allowed to roam and bark throughout the night constantly disturbing your sleep.
The guesthouse is seemingly up for sale and this, combined perhaps with the end of season exhaustion, made for a less than good stay. Maintenance is poor; the sliding door between bedroom and extraordinarily narrow bathroom makes such a noise you cannot avoid waking your partner, and probably the room next door. But it did open & close which is more than the exterior door which wouldn´t shut, leaving only shutters between the bedroom and the barking dog. By day the dogs & cat & would nose around and try to enter the room.
Breakfast was well presented but plain & cold; no chance of an egg. Cereals, coffee, juice, bread roll, tasting portions of butter, honey & jam, processed ham & cheese, half a thin slice of Papaya and a sliver of Mango, yogurt. They provided more on request; it just felt a bit mean.
The two premium rooms close to the lake have lovely views which would benefit some comfortable chairs to enjoy it from inside. They are adjacent to the pool which when the guesthouse´s five rooms are occupied would render privacy & tranquillity to zero.
Off-street parking was available and kindness´ like beach towels & chairs were made available.
All in all, a disappointment, it falls short of its capabilities.
The dog noise a disgrace.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank gazinho
Girassois, Proprietário at Girassois da Lagoa Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Hi,
We appreciate and thank for your review, it is always worth to hear a different point of view. Our staff is working on the things you mentioned to improve our services.
In fact the guest house is located in a peaceful community; the bar across the street is frequented by locals, mainly taxi drivers after their shifts. They are harmless, but sometimes can be a bit noisy specially when there is a soccer match, however they are sociable.
You surely have noticed all the natural beauty that surrounds us, rich fauna and flora, you can actually hear the birds and see the fish. The guesthouse supports a pet friendly policy, allowing guests to bring their animals. There are two dogs and cat that live in the owner’s house just beside the guesthouse. They sometimes might walk around open areas, considering that they are healthy, friendly and trained to respect guests and do not get in to the rooms. We do have a safety system but the dogs also help on protecting the premises. If they were causing you trouble you just had to let us know.
Regarding the size of the doors, it is standard and convenient in the rooms, although we also offer the master suite, with broader doors, Jacuzzi, private sauna and kitchen. We are constantly working on maintenance and have just lubricated doors and shutters again to prevent any noise. Also, we are always carrying on upgrading the furniture quality and comfort, and more agreeable sits will be provided.
We try our best to please everybody, being kind and constantly asking guests if they require any assistance. About breakfast, we do continental service that does not include eggs, it is complementary and you can have as many servings as you like.
Nevertheless, we are glad you have the opportunity to enjoy the sunshine in the island after the summer season. We appreciate to hear our guest suggestions and complains while with us, so we can take actions in time for their ease, as we always do. By chance, an American couple, that have stayed in the same period as you, have made a nice review on Tripadvisor, inclusive adding some beautiful pictures.
We are here to support you the best way possible.
Yours sincerely,