“As per usual -a Gift of an Eating Place....”
Review of Lemon Wolf Cafe

Lemon Wolf Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Norwegian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lemon Wolf Cafe is a small Bistro, serving only the finest chef prepared meals. We have fresh handcrafted breads, soups and award winning desserts! We specialize in Fresh Lake Superior Fish. Stop in, enjoy a relaxing meal prepared by a Chef who cares! We have a large selection of beer and wine. We are located right on Highway 61 in Beaver Bay.We now serve Cocktails. We do not take reservations from May 1 to Nov 1
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We usually get here from Duluth once each summer and love the food, ambiance, and friendly service. Today was no different with a gorgeous filet of trout, wild rice soup, and bread for myself - and a chicken salad for my spouse. We are so grateful for spots like this that reflect our wonderful Minnesota North Shore’s hospitality.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We've been stopping here for quite a few years now, and their food is still wonderful. I really miss the wonderful coconut cream pie that they used to have, though. We would stop by just to take the pie home sometimes.

Mliswil22, Owner at Lemon Wolf Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi! Thanks so much! We still have the coconut cream pie, I made two today, as usual, we must of been sold out when you stopped in, hope next time you stop by we have it!:)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Lemon Wolf Cafe is a small bistro-type cafe with excellent food, drinks and atmosphere. There is only one chef and one to two servers. Because of this they can not seat a table of more than five to six people. The majority of the tables are for two to four people. That is noted on the door. We are displeased when people criticize the Lemon Wolf for not being willing to seat them when there are more than six. With only one chef, it is impossible to handle that size table along with the other customers who are dining there. We have dined here for as long as they've been open and the service has always been excellent, along with the wonderful meals prepared here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Lemon Wolf is a smaller, intimate cafe with a warm and inviting atmosphere. Their homemade tomato and basil soup is to die for! The service is friendly and good, and the food is exceptional!

Sadly, Chef Rick passed away in February leaving his wife Susan to carry on and my word! She is doing an admirable job of things! The food is as good as it ever was. To make guest experiences as pleasant as possible, they are unable to seat groups larger than 5 or 6; not an unreasonable policy especially in light of Susan trying her best to maintain the exceptional qualify of the food and service the cafe and her late husband have long been known for. A note stating the seating policy is clearly visible on the front door. The Lemon Wolf values its customers and the quality of the food and service is clear evidence of that mission.

Cheers to Susan and the wonderful staff at The Lemon Wolf for making it a destination cafe for both visitors and locals!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We tried to go there for lunch. We had a group of 7, but they did not want to seat us, even if we split up our group. There were empty tables, so it was possible. We left immediately.

Mliswil22, Owner at Lemon Wolf Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I am sorry, but since the Chef’s, my husband’s, passing in late Feb. we have had to limit the amount of people sat at any given time, my husband taught me the craft well but speed can only come with time. I am not interested in making more money seating as many as we can at the expense of my guest’s experience. As stated on the door we cannot seat parties over 5 or 6 at this time, which is our busy season, most seem to understand, given the reasoning. I hope this clears things up a bit, I think a one star rating, given the circumstances, is not warranted, but this, of course, is your prerogative. Again, I am sorry we could not seat you, maybe at a slower time or with a smaller group we can share the Lemon Wolf Experience with you:)

Been to Lemon Wolf Cafe? Share your experiences!