All reviews small airport full size refrigerator home away from home convenient location complimentary breakfast fresh fruit living room oatmeal indoor pool we've stayed staff was friendly nice breakfast front desk staff fitness room great customer service fitness center evening reception
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Convenient location (near I-75 and less than 30 minutes from downtown Detroit) with restaurants and Sommerset Mall within minutes. EXCEPTIONAL customer service during my stay from PIPER and DENICIA. A very clean hotel with wonderful staff. Evening reception from 5 pm to 7 pm (Monday - Thursday) with food and beverages. In-room fridge and stove help make this easily the best and most practical hotel in Metro-Detroit for business travelers.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We stayed here for a family event in late March 2018 but the hotel was undergoing renovations that prevented our nieces/nephews from being able to use the pool-- major disappointment! The contractors were laying tile in the lobby and main hallway and that also made access to the lobby available only by walking outside. The staff were courteous and tried to make things "right" but there was only so much they could do. Be sure to check on the status of the renovations before booking a stay at this location.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
melissawhitcomb, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Rick S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so sorry that we were undergoing renovations which prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. I am happy to announce that, along with the tile, we have completed a full renovation to our lobby and have created a modern, comfortable and beautiful new look that our guests are sure to love. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel so you can experience and enjoy all of the new features!

Warm Regards,

Melissa

~ Melissa Whitcomb - General Manager ~

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Excellent stay with homewood suits. Im very much satisfied With the service provided by homewood. Well mentained n well organized everything. I am happy to visit again and i would prefer to stay in homewood in futur

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Friendly staff, very clean place, fitness center has the essentials, and there is complimentary breakfast/lunch/dinner. I would love to stay here again, the entrance is under construction but the temporary back entrance is do-able. I just wish they had airport shuttle service.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Spent the week here while in Troy, MI for work. I've stayed at many Hilton properties before, including Homewood and this property was definitely lacking.

My room was enough to sleep in, but the hair on the floor of the bathroom and in the tub was kind of gross. I also couldn't use the tub because the stopper wouldn't close correctly.

Staff was friendly enough upon arrival but didn't seem to know how to use the machine for setting my room key as she must have done it about 12 times before it worked.

Hotel REALLY needs to be updated. Felt very much like a 1970's motel from a bad movie.

Breakfast was "meh" at best.

I'm back in Troy, MI again in a few weeks and have opted to stay at a different Hilton property.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew K

Dear Matt K

I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Warm Regards,