5 people are viewing this hotel
FindHotelUS$169
PricelineUS$171
Reviews (1 145)
1 145 results
All reviews holiday inn patio bar front desk outdoor pool walking distance to downtown front street girls weekend free shuttle private beach bay shimmer summer tc upgrades scott michigan wineries
Selected filters
5 - 10 of 1 145 reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2021 via mobile

I had a great experience at this newly renovated resort. From the lobby at check in to the fresh new rooms! The service was excellent all the way through. We enjoyed drinks and dinner in the modern igloos next to the OPEN outdoor heated pool, and also took advantage of the lower level lobby with a cozy fireplace. I’m looking forward to my next visit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Michael Scandariato, General Manager at West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2021

Dear Brittany,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review. We love when our guests share their experiences, and it sounds like you really enjoyed yours. Our igloos were very popular this past Winter, and there is just something magical about swimming in a heated outdoor pool when there is snow on the ground.

If you are able to return this Summer, both of our pools will be completely refreshed, and our outdoor pool will be outfitted with luxurious cabanas. It will be the perfect place to relax with a cocktail, poolside.

Also, our waterfront, fine dining concept, Artisan, will be launching in late May, and is sure to be a destination restaurant in Traverse City.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2021 via mobile

We live in TC. My husband and I stayed at the West Bay Beach Resort for a night away from the kids and absolutely loved it! Our room was gorgeous and had an excellent view. We also reserved an igloo and had dinner and drinks which were all superb. We would love to come back for another staycation!!

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to write us an excellent review. I'm glad that you and your husband were able to enjoy each others company, and relax, even if it was for just an overnight. Next time Mommy and Daddy need a break, please let me know, and we will be happy to take great care of you again.

Reviewed 23 March 2021 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago for a little getaway and loved every second of it! The water views are priceless, the staff/service was excellent and the room was spotless. We also reserved an igloo and got dinner and drinks that was perfect. We definitely recommend West Bay Beach!

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear Mr. McDonald,

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad that you and your wife were able to enjoy some time away together. We truly have a great team here, and it is great to hear that you were well taken care of. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2021

My husband and I stayed here for a night on our weekend getaway to traverse city. This hotel is definitely not worth the $220 we paid. We requested a water view room but ended up with a view of the parking lot. We could have stayed at the country inn and suites or other chain hotel for 1/3 of the price with the same view. The hotel was clean but nothing special. It is close to downtown which is nice. Maybe during the summer when outdoor dining is open it will be nicer but the bistro was not what we expect in a restaurant. The hotel staff did not seem very interested in providing good customer service.

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear Jriley928,

Please accept our sincere apology that we fell short of your expectations during your last stay with us. As you mentioned in your review, we are finishing up our renovations, and will be launching our new waterfront, fine dining concept, Artisan, this May.

In addition, both of our pools will be completely refreshed, complete with luxurious cabanas, providing a sophisticated and relaxing environment to enjoy a cocktail, sunbathe, or to simply cool off during a warm Summer day.

As we finish up replacing the building facade, several of our waterfront rooms were placed out of service due to the impact of construction. That may be the reason why you did not receive the view you requested, and I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate you.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly when making your next reservation. I will personally make sure that we take better care of you, and that you are able to truly experience what our property has to offer.

Reviewed 13 February 2021 via mobile

This place seemed nice at first. After visiting and trying to check in the lady at the front desk told us our room wasn’t clean, that’s fine, however, she did mention she that there were other rooms that were clean and ready but “she didn’t feel like moving us”. Alone with other things the staff is super rude here and will never stay here again.

1  Thank jrolfe1
Michael Scandariato, General Manager at West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Dear JRolfe1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It appears as though we we failed to provide you with a true West Bay Beach experience, and for that, we apologize. I am sorry that there was some confusion at check-in. I will look into why this occurred, so we can prevent a similar situation from happening in the future.

It is my hope that you will give us another chance next time your travels bring you to Traverse City. Please reach out to me directly for your next reservation, and I will ensure that you have a much better experience.