All reviews beacon lounge top floor piano bar great downtown location an older hotel corner room front street downtown tc bit dated downtown area bed was comfortable bay view grand traverse bay minerva
Reviewed 10 February 2018

I had to stay in Traverse City an extra night because of storm Mateo. Everyone I talked to recommended this hotel. Easy walking to everything. Comfortable room, fridge and microwave. Clean! I understand other reviewers saying it needs to be updated but my room had everything I needed. Food was great too!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Sam K
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

We appreciate staying with us and taking the time to give us your comments. Hopefully you can return when the weather gets warmer.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We started there based on a friends recommendation. Were we disappointed. The place is really old and in need of a face lift INSIDE the rooms. IE since, faucets, rugs etc. The ONLY thing it has going for it is location. That has to be the only way they have in staying in business. If it was the only hotel in TC we would not stay there.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 515any
parkplace1, Front Office Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

We would like to thank you for your visit to the Park Place Hotel and your comments. In addition to a brand new conference center and pool opening in June of this year, a complete renovation of the rooms in the historic tower will be starting in several weeks. We hope you can come back in the future to visit us again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The location was great the staff was incredibly nice and gracious! Especially Amy who helped make my sister-in-law's birthday even more special. We had drinks downstairs and the female who served us was awesome too! Thank you for your top notch customer service.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank aineusa2018
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Stayed there 2 nights ago for less than $100. Location is everything. Close to everything downtown, if you don't mind walking. Union street is a short 2 blks away. We were there for a concert at City Opera House on Front St. so basically made the loop. We stayed in the tower. The room was a bit small, but how long were we there for and not sleep.....4 hrs. Big deal. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Nice bathroom, but 1 point off because tile floor not swept clean everywhere. Small frig and microwave. Nice size flat screen. Plenty of hot water and towels. Low shower head?...LOL! Yea, OK, I had to back up and bend my head down. Jeesh. Good insulation for an old hotel. Quiet! Room next to ours was occupied and didn't hear a peep. That's a big plus, right there. The staff was very nice. The bar at the top, tho as mentioned, is small, it offers great views, and happy hour is 1/2 off. Breakfast down in Minerva's was delicious and reasonable. We'd stay, again.

Room Tip: stayed on 4th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AT-Nak
Reviewed 16 January 2018

It has been over a year since I visited and yet it still has the elegant, comfortable class it has had since my first visit in 1982. Stay in the Presential Suite and has a sun rise view and lake view. The new conference space will be exciting. Do not miss an opportunity to stay here if you can!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends