“Time for pie”

Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The original Grand Traverse Pie Company location! Our first Pie Shop opened in July of 1996 by company founders, Mike and Denise Busley. The shop is conveniently located on West Front Street in Traverse City, Michigan, just a short walk from downtown and a block from West Grand Traverse Bay. Our open-air design has the kitchen in full view of our customers. There's comfortable seating for those who would like to sit and relax with a slice of pie and a cup of gourmet coffee. We also have great lunch selections, with quiches, soups, pot pie by the slice, salads, sandwiches, and wraps. We serve espresso, smoothies, and a variety of homemade baked goods.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This place is noted for pie so we stopped by after lunch to quench
our sweet yearnings.
Cherry pie with ice cream was all that it took.

Date of visit: June 2018
Erin M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Traverse Pie Co., responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Gramps, thank you so much for giving us a try and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your cherry pie a la mode and your visit to our shop. We hope to see you again next time you're in Traverse City!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Pie was the best. Wife had the strawberry rhubarb. We will be back soon. Staff was friendly. There was hardly any wait.

Date of visit: June 2018
Erin M, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Traverse Pie Co., responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Robert, thank you so much for stopping in to enjoy a slice of pie with us. We love to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your treats and enjoyed our friendly staff as well. Thank you for your review; we would love to see you again next time you're in the area or near a GT Pie shop.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

When I walked in this felt like a chain restaurant so I was worried we wouldn't have great food. Luckily I was wrong - My Bacon Pesto quiche was one of the best dishes I've had on this vacation. It was flavorful and filling. And finally a meal that didn't break the bank! Great to stop in and grab something to go.

Date of visit: June 2018

Hi BuckeyeBaker, thank you very much for deciding to give us a try and for taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your very first visit to Grand Traverse Pie Company and loved your Bacon Pesto Quiche. We appreciate your 5-star review and we hope to see you next time you're in Traverse City or near a GT Pie shop. :)

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I love pies iv ordered them couple times on line came in perfect condition and are gone in short order cherry strawberry rubarb

Date of visit: June 2018

Colt, thank you very much for sharing the pie love and ordering pies online! We're so pleased that you enjoy them and enjoy having them arrive at your doorstep. Thank you for the awesome 5 stars!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

100 characters about a pie...here we go: I love the cherry crumb pie. It is sweet and tart and delicious. The best part is the crumb topping. It’s like they put a layer of icing on the top before each crumb is meticulously placed by hand. The topping is almost gooey and adds a hint of sweetness. I love it, I would eat it for every meal. Some people get a birthday cake...I get a birthday cherry crumb pie...every year...no kidding. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever had another pie from this place; that’s how much I love them. The End.

Date of visit: June 2018

Matthew, thank you so much for the awesome words about our Cherry Crumb Pies. They are definitely a fan favorite! It makes our day to hear that you enjoy them so much and especially that you enjoy our pie as your birthday dessert each year. We appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon for a slice of Cherry Crumb or for a meal. :)