“Good food in a great atmosphere”
Review of Amical

Amical
Ranked #9 of 328 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful French inspired cuisine in a really intimate restaurant. It feels upscale and relaxed at the same time inside. And if you are seated towards the back, there is a surprise view of the bay waiting for you. My husband selected the Hanger steak from the prix fixe menu that was only $19 for a glass of wine, a salad, and an entree. He thought his food was delicious but the portions were small (he commented after probably what he should have expected for the price). I opted for a Cesar salad with crab cakes as my entree and both were very flavorful. I did think 2 crab cakes for $18 that had a decent amount of filler seemed steep. Bottom line, great atmosphere and service, a drool worthy menu, at maybe not the best value is at least worth a look.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 010)

5 - 9 of 1 010 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place got great reviews from multiple sources. I’m not sure why? I was with a party of 7 women 16-85. We are not picky people and we’re really excited to try this place. The location and atmosphere are great. We all ordered something different and more than half of us were dissapointed. The tomato soup was bland, the lamb shank was bland and tough, the hanger steak was over cooked, tough, and not tasty, the eggplant was a mess, the salmon was just so-so. It was very expensive and we all ended up getting something to eat later (I saw a McDonalds fry container!!). A lot of money wasted.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Top shelf service and delicious food. All items are professionally prepared. Save room for dessert! The selection will amaze you! Be careful if you order a Bloody Mary with your meal!?? My was way to spicy hot,, The House Bloody Mary has Sriracha pepper in it!! Beware!! very hot!! Mine had to go back, my lips were in fire, not to mention my mouth!?? Parking is always a challenge, best to find a spot in the back alley and enter thru the back door! Get there soon!! and good luck dealing with the summer crowd!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice outside seating. Waitress was knowledgeable about the menu. Foods were good except for the Asian Chicken Salad. Should have been a side salad not a meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've been going here for years and we've never had a bad meal or bad experience.In fact, Amical is one of TC's best places and it's very popular with the locals. We especially enjoy the early "Table d'hote" menu available from 4pm to 5:30pm. A glass of wine, a salad and an entree for $20. Yes, the portions are smaller than the dinner menu but it's same great kitchen. I have the Beef Bourguignon, she has the Whitefish.