“Great food! Nice staff and service.”
Review of The Cottage

The Cottage
Ranked #29 of 288 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Our wait was short and the staff was efficient. My husband enjoyed his fried chicken. I can honestly say I have never had pot roast that good!!! It came with carrots, onions, and homemade mashed potatoes. Mmm... My Caesar salad was enough to share with my husband. They make their own desserts, but we were too full to try anything.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (379)

Reviewed 21 August 2021

Found this great family-owned restaurant next to our hotel (Comfort Inn). The portions are big enough for two meals—so glad our hotel has a fridge and microwave! I love that you can get fancy pancakes as a side (only $1 extra for fruit). The food and service was phenomenal. The owner Eric is a gem. Loved hearing the history of his family’s restaurant. We will be back!

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 18 July 2021

Like most places, they were a bit short of help but accommodated people as quickly as possible. Our server was Isabella and was very friendly and helpful. This is a family type restaurant. The food was very good and the restaurant was clean. Portions were more than ample.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 4 July 2021

Food, although typical by diner standards, is very, very good. Comfort homemade all the way. Must try (if you are up to the volume) the Traverse City Black Cherry Pancakes. Within walking distance of nearby hotels.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 1 July 2021

I dined here for breakfast on June 26, 2021 with my wife and kids and Shannon was our server. I am fanatic for biscuit's and gravy and up until now I always thought Bob Evans had the best but let me tell you the Cottage's blows it away. This is without a doubt the best B&G I ever had bar non. My wife had a combo eggs, sausage and hot cakes and all the food was off the hook. Cant wait to go back and try lunch or dinner because its all homemade here folks and it all looked incredible..

Date of visit: June 2021