“So worth it!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Our best friends, my husband, and I had wanted to experience this restaurant for a long time, and we finally did. My only regret is that we didn’t go sooner! I am vegetarian and our waitress & the chef were so accommodating. They combined a seasonal veggie sauté with the pasta from their chicken & pasta dish of the night. The sauce elevated the dish to an amazing level! My friend had the beef brisket & our husbands had the Perkinsville Pork. All agreed their entrees were superb. Save room for dessert. Tailgate in the parking lot. Just go!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Bonge's would ordinarily deserve a rating of 5 based on service and food.

HOWEVER.....I was part of a group of 14 people in the private room. They added 20% tip to each check. Up to this point I do not have a problem...HOWEVER they even charged 20% of the sales tax when figuring the tip. THIS IS NOT RIGHT !!!!!

Having said that, all 14 people were happy with their meal. Yes, the service was good as well.

I will do it again, BUT....I will take them to task on the tip figure, not caring what kind of scene it makes.....it is plain wrong !!!!

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

You need to really plan this one out ahead of time. Try to get your 12 people and a reservation but show up early to tailgate anyway, which is half the fun. Once inside, you really can’t go wrong with anything you order.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I have lived in Indiana for almost three decades and never heard of Bonge's before this year. I don't think I had ever even been near Perkinsville- it is definitely off the beaten path.
If you have a large party (12+) like we did you can reserve a private room in advance. This I highly recommend. You can still arrive early and tailgate and have that part of the experience, but you are guaranteed a table that night so you don't make the long drive for nothing.
There are a few standby dishes always served, including the famous Perkinsville Pork, but other dishes are always rotating, both entree, sides, and desserts. The atmosphere is cozy and rustic. Dress is very casual. Our server was able to explain the food in great detail which helped with the difficult decision of what to get. EVERYTHING sounds amazing and we are looking forward to going back to try some more dishes with our friends. Be prepared for a late, expensive, and delicious evening out.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Come for the steak and scallops or the duck! AMAZING! The culinary talent here understands the concept of transforming the usual and this made up for the drive, the wait, the decor and the crowded seating.

Been to Bonge's Tavern? Share your experiences!