“Fries and more fries”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #28 of 225 Restaurants in Southfield
Reviewed 12 September 2014

The hamburgers here are good, assembled as you order them so there will be a slight wait but not much longer then other fast food joints.
But the real winner here is the Cajun seasoned fries, order a small and you get a bagful of fries that no one person can eat in one sitting.
I'm just disappointed that they don't don't do chili cheese fries.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I meet my buddy for lunch once a week. This week it was at Five Guys. This is about the 10th time I have eaten here and I have never had a burger that wasn't hot and tasty. They should be because they are cooked to order. There is a long list of condiments to chose from and all are included in the price. The free peanuts in the shell are better than you get at the ball park.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Short menu of items prepared to order. There are peanuts to snack on while waiting for your order. Popular among area laborers and commercial drivers. Delicious two-hand burgers.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Five Guys to me is one of the better burgers around. They're always fresh and the availability of condiments on them is pretty darn good. You really can't go wrong with their burgers here. They're made to order so you're not getting a burger that was made ages ago and kept warm underneath a heat lamp.

The fries are also more than ample although inconsistent to me. Sometimes they can be greasy and sometimes they can be a bit dry, but more than enough fries to accompany any meal.

If you're looking for ambiance, this isn't the place. They've still got high praise ads and testimonials from all over the country but that's starting to wear a little thin. Who really cares about a five star rating they got five years ago in a city we've never visited? So yes, they need to upgrade their dining room somewhat. But again, Five Guys has never billed themselves as high end dining. It's not a place one wants to impress a date nor propose in, but if one wants a good burger + fries, this isn't a bad place to go to!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was my first time trying Five Guys Burgers and Fries. I had a bacon cheeseburger and I thought it was outstanding. They cook the burgers well done. You can choose the toppings. So it makes it very easy to order. I also tried fries. They were good, but nothing special. My bacon cheeseburger was $7, which is not cheap, but worth it in my opinion. Lady who took the order was polite. Gentlemen who were making burgers were working hard and concentrating on what they were doing. Place was clean. I really liked the burger, so I will be back. And now that I tried Five Guys, I will visit their other locations. The one I visited today in Southfield is not in a most upscale area. It is safe though. It's mixed. I was there to have a burger, not to marry anybody. Really appreciate those guys hard work.

1  Thank 135catherineg