“Great Food”

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Barbecue, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We brought our family from out town to B&C. The food, service and music was excellent. Donya was amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 29 August 2018

I was in town from Philadelphia PA attending the visitation of the Queen of Music Aretha Franklin. A friend of mine who lives in Detroit recommended Beans and Cornbread. I walked in and there sat Rev. Jesse Jackson. I said to myself this place got to be good. If I could have I would have eaten everything on the menu. When you go and dine there ask for the waitress Destiny. She is TOP SHELF! Very personable and professional and about seeing to your every request. She also has the most cutest dimples....LOL. When I return to the area I will definitely look her up and have my dinner there again!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I have been to this restaurant several times..yes even on Sundays. This is the first time I left without food. The dinning room had a 35 minute wait and I was not going to wait that long...I asked for the carry out and it is now in the bar of the restaurant...I stood there nearly 5 minutes and the staff..did not acknowledge me...they were busy pouring drinks for the other customers...they used to have a carry-out part to this restaurant, but it now gone. I really wanted some soul food...I had to go someone else...like a famous all you can eat restaurant. Beans and Cornbread work out a better system for your Sundays.

1  Thank Renee B
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Food was good as expected. We had two different entrees and they were consistently good. Not over seasoned and not pulled out of the refrigerator and reheated. Service was good.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

A few friends and I traveled for about an hour and a half from Saginaw, MI to Beans and Cornbread Southfield location and even though it was packed and we had to wait our waitress Maria provided us with EXCELLENT service. The food was great and she made the entire experience enjoyable. I will definitely come back again. Thanks Maria