All reviews gun lake get away off season wedding venue grand rapids outdoor wedding beautiful venue overlooking the lake wednesday night amazing wedding the entire staff little things bagels continental breakfast gilmore car museum french toast love this place
Reviewed 4 March 2018

My wife and I recently spent her birthday in a deluxe suite at the inn. We enjoyed an excellent dinner at their wonderful restaurant where the niche cocktails were only surpassed in quality by the meal and service. The entire staff at the Bay Pointe were friendly and genuine.The view of the lake was breathtaking and the room was indeed deluxe. This was our second time at the inn and definitely won't be our last!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms are a little more but worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
benjamin e, General Manager at Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear royboy86

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this remarkable review on our TripAdvisor Page. I do appreciate it! I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time on property from the deluxe suite to dinner at Terrace Grille and the service you received from our staff. In the full array of hotels choices in your area, I sincerely thank you for choosing Bay Pointe Inn to celebrate your wife's birthday, We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We were there before Christmas, and had a great dinner. The views on Gun Lake are great, and the food was very good. The wait staff did an awesome job
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great steaks and seafood
The cocktails were great too.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
benjamin e, General Manager at Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear vjbfwc01

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this 5-star review on our TripAdvisor Page. I do appreciate it!
Happy New Year to you and your family! We are so glad you enjoyed the Holidays with us. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your dinner at Terrace Grille and the food/cocktails were to your convenience. We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We have been to Bay Pointe several times over the years. Beautiful place, very good restaurant and a great staff. I reserved three rooms recently for my family. We were going to stay at Bay Pointe then go ski at Bittersweet during the day as we have done in the past. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate for our trip to the hotel. We had to cancel and the general manager Benjamin let us out of our reservation when he really did not have to. Thank you Benjamin. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.....Hopefully we can still make it up there before this winter is over.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Walter C
benjamin e, General Manager at Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Walter C

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our TripAdvisor Page. I do really appreciate it!
I really hope you will be able to make it here before this winter is over, the snow condition is great all over the State now.
Please reach out to me personally when you are ready to book your next getaway!

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

We needed a short break from family responsibilities and decided to try Bay Pointe Inn which is about 2 hrs. from our house. It’s a beautiful small resort on Gun Lake in Shelbyville, Michigan. The staff was extremely nice and our room was great. It’s off-season now so it was quiet and that was exactly what we needed. The property itself is well-kept and the lake-front rooms are scenic as you would expect. We especially loved the laminate wood flooring in our room. It’s so much cleaner than carpeting and really enhanced our comfort. I wish everyone in the hotel/resort hospitality business would do likewise and install wood flooring. We had a nice complimentary breakfast buffet the next morning. Presentation was lovely and the types of breakfast foods available were ample. Our niece and nephew went there last weekend and liked it, as well. We also shared our experience with some friends who intend to visit the resort, too. The restaurant menu looked fantastic, although we did not eat there. We will do so on our return visit. Gun Lake Casino is nearby and that’s worth a stop if you’re into gaming. In summary, Bay Pointe is a bit out-of-the-way, but you will enjoy a break from the Big Name Hotel Chains.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
benjamin e, General Manager at Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear conpenn

On behalf of the entire team here at Bay Pointe Inn, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this amazing 5-star review on our TripAdvisor Page. I do really appreciate it!
I'm delighted to read that we were your "little getaway" from home. I'm glad you liked your room especially our brand new " luxury vinyl tile" floor as well as our continental breakfast buffet.
Thank you for sharing your experience with your friends and family and we are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Have been here many times.Staff is always friendly and helpful. Most recent time there we woke up to a power failure, not their fault. Staff were very apologetic but we made the best of the situation. Breakfast was not the usual but under circumstances adaquate. Will return without hesitation. Keep it going.

Room Tip: They are all good.
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
benjamin e, General Manager at Bay Pointe Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear DAVID W

Thank you for taking the time to write this 5-star review on our TripAdvisor Page. I do really appreciate it!
I'm delighted to read that our staff is always friendly and helpful. I'm very sorry about the power failure but glad it didn't too much affect your stay.
I hope to welcome you back very soon.