“THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT FOOD ALLERGIES ”

Detroit Fish House Steak & Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Detroit Fish House Steak & Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 172 Restaurants in Shelby Township
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I have a shellfish allergies I asked the waitress several times if she could please find out from the chief if a sauce was made with shellfish she didn't know (she kept telling me I don't think so) a person with shellfish allergies I don't think so is NOT a good answer, after several times of asking her if she could get the chief she brings the manager and he didn't know either, then when I confronted him he asked me to leave the restaurant. It was SO embarrassing in front of my family I NEVER raised my voice or called ANYBODY any names I guess they DON'T care if you have a severe food allergy

1  Thank Angela B

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had a large group. Someone in our party has a shellfish allergy. He asked our server questions about the menu and she didn't know, so he asked to speak to the chef and she said that the chef was too busy. The manger was not sure about the dish in question. Our friend was getting upset on why the chef could not be asked his questions. The manger told him that he was being obnoxious. Him and his wife got up and left. We were all stunned that the manger would be so rude. None of us will return and we will let friends & family it's a place to avoid.

1  Thank Ana Maria D
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited this place for the first time tonight. Food was excellent but our service was beyond slow. Everytime we wanted the waitress....we waited 10 minutes. 10 min wait for the first initial greeting...10 min for a drink....10 min for a box...15 for the check. It just wasn't tolerable for us since the place was not busy.

1  Thank fancypants524
Reviewed 20 May 2018

We came late and may have missed the best and freshest meals. Calamari was very good as a beginning. Fish and chips wasn’t that great. Seafood pasta was light on seafood. Shrimps were small and hard to find.
Alcohol drinks were fairly priced, but coffee seemed expensive for a small cup of warm (not hot) coffee.
Overall OK but not on high on my list of fish restaurants.

1  Thank DBG8474
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I think the prices are extremely high for the quality of the food. Cole slaw served with most meals and it is the absolutely worst tasting bland cabbage. It needs a lot of help. Dry and tasteless. Fish and chips tasty as was salmon patties. Very very nosy and could hardly carry a conversation. I doubt I would return as there are better seafood restaurants for far more reasonable prices. Like Mitchell’s or McCormack & Schmicks.

1  Thank Drit45