All reviews mackinac island room was clean great view electric fireplace waffles hot tub lakeside room watch the sunrise sausage stayed two nights view of the lake family vacation mini fridge beach area upper peninsula definitely stay here again great room
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Pool was broke then fixed infested with bugs. If you plug something in at room 324 the plug falls on the floor. Had to go next door to swim, holiday inn was very clean and nice pool area and the day manager at front desk did not want to accommodate any issues, I would recommend somewhere else until these issues are fixed, no microwave in room and fridge is on floor

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank David R
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality experience and I am disappointed to read about the issues you encountered.
We appreciate your feedback and please be assured your concerns have been looked into and addressed. Thank you for choosing Breakers Resort and we hope you give us another chance on your next visit to St. Ignace.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

This place was perfect for us. I got a great deal by booking online after reading good reviews. The reviews are correct. Our room was very clean and had a balcony overlooking the water as well as a fireplace. Cute décor and close to restaurants. Only a couple of drawbacks - Our room was one with an adjacent door and the family next door was really noisy in the early a.m. My sister said it sounded like they were getting ready in the room with us. Also when we returned the room hadn't been cleaned but that could have been on us. Checkout was 11 a.m. and we left around 10 so it's possible the maid forgot to double back. It wasn't a problem as we simply went to the desk and got fresh towels. Breakfast is pretty basic but sufficient if you're ok with bagels/waffles/eggs/fruit/cereal. The staff was super friendly.

Room Tip: It's pet friendly so ask for non 1st floor if you don't have pets. Might also want to request a non-adjoining door room if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bworm
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered and we are delighted our front desk was able to assist you. Our team strives to provide a warm welcome for our valued guests and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort and we hope to see you on your next visit to St. Ignace!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

My wife and I went to St. Ignace for the 2018 car show and decided that we would like to stay somewhere nice to enjoy a lake view, pool and amenities while there. Breakers Resort seemed like it could be that place and at almost $300/night, we thought we would have a pleasant weekend vacation. Boy were we wrong. We booked/reserved a room with what was supposed to be a lake view, Jacuzzi tub and king bed. They put us on the first floor in front of the elevator no less. The lake view was really a view of the construction they had going on which was disappointing because you couldn't see the lake from the room. The indoor pool had tons of dead floating bugs in it (mostly mosquitos and gnats) as well as other floating objects we couldn't identify. Hey guys, try skimming the pool once in a while. The Jacuzzi tub is actually a jetted tub which would have been nice except it was a tacky heart shaped one, which would have been romantic if the shape of it didn't make it extremely difficult for two people to actually sit in and enjoy together. We were woke on the first night to a bug in our bed (millipede). Ok, perhaps not the hotels fault on that one, bugs get into places. Ok, so, made it through that night. Next night, they apparently booked the room above us to a family with a herd of small kids. The parents allowed their kids to stomp all over the floor (our ceiling) until late into the night. Because the main office is detached from the main building I doubt they ever hear anything going on unless a guess complains. The continental breakfast included not even fake scrambled eggs, but in our opinion they seemed more like the powdered variety. The "biscuits" of the biscuits and gravy were so dry that they crumbled when trying to eat them. There were other things here and there, but definitely the accommodations were less than pleasant and DEFINITELY not worth $300 per night. I expected a lot more at that price. I expected the person behind the desk when we were checking out to ask us how our stay was (where I could comment on our bad experience) but she was not a pleasant person and she didn't even bother to ask nor seemed to care how our stay was. I would imagine that they don't want to hear it or hear it too often and just stopped asking altogether.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure to get a room above the first floor if you are asking for a lake view. Ask for the top floor if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time in posting a review about our property on TripAdvisor. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I am sorry to read about the disappointments you had with the service delivered. I have taken note of your valuable comments as they will assist us in our continuous efforts to improve and provide the excellent service our guests expect. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort, and we hope you give us another chance on your next visit to St. Ignace.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel on the off chance on Orbitz for one night, got a good price of $59 for two queens and balcony with sea view. Hotel is have some refurbishments ,but it did not disappoint. Lovely hot tub and pool inside the hotel, room on ground floor facing the water,clean and comfortable, balcony and walk out to beach.Breakfast was good with various choices.i loved this hotel and the location was excellent.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our wonderful beachfront and beautiful indoor pool facilities. Our team strives to provide the wonderful experience our guests expect and we appreciate your kind words of appreciation. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort and we hope to see you on your next visit to St. Ignace!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I Just barely slept decently.. Kinda hard to sleep when people are constantly slamming doors on both sides of us from 6am - 10am...
For both nights of our stay, our bedsheets were not changed, myself and my friends felt itchy all over, so I’m fairly certain there were bed bugs. I was still itchy even a couple days after leaving!

I’m concerned about the lack of security as well. Perhaps it’s just what I’m used to where I’m from, but normally to even get into the hotel, you need a room key. (Except of course the main entrance where the lobby would be)
In this case the lobby and rooms are two separate buildings, I saw no card readers on any of the building doors (besides the rooms) in the front, the side doors, or the pool doors... So anyone could just waltz in and out at any time! Now this may not be a big concern, but I would advise at least consider some security measures.
That is if you value the safety of your guests above all else.

On my last night, I went down to the pool for a short swim and soak in the hot tub to loosen tight muscles. I noticed the rescue equipment hanging on the wall, which looked very old. As a former lifeguard, I took the liberty of examining the equipment and noticed the spinal back board was in horrible condition; it looked like it was carved from driftwood. The white tube seemed fine, but where’s the lasso? First aid kit? AED Defibrillator??
Whether or not you have a lifeguard on duty, this equipment MUST be readily accessible, regularly inspect and maintained should they ever be needed!
This is federal law!!
I guarantee you do not want to have a water emergency arise, a guest drowns, and be held responsible for faulty and/or missing equipment! You would be looking at full on lawsuit and shutdown at the very least!
Now the likelihood of this scenario happening is small. HOWEVER, it is federal law to be ready should such events occur!
So please, heed, my warning!

The breakfast food quality at the lobby leaves something to be desired. I’ve had better at summer camp! I would suggest improvements be made there too.

I went to the hotel website to leave my review, clicked on testimonials, and I wasn’t surprised to see a full page of all glowing glamorous 5 star reviews, with no place to comment.
After all, there are companies that will fabricate positive reviews about their own establishments, under false aliases, to make themselves more marketable.
This is only because they’ve caught on to people actually checking the reviews and basing their decisions on that.

All things considered in my experience at this hotel, it’s an easy decision that I will not be staying here again. And I would not recommend it to anyone else either.
At least until these problems are better managed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family