All reviews mackinac island room was clean great view electric fireplace waffles hot tub lakeside room watch the sunrise sausage stayed two nights view of the lake family vacation mini fridge beach area upper peninsula definitely stay here again great room
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I Just barely slept decently.. Kinda hard to sleep when people are constantly slamming doors on both sides of us from 6am - 10am...
For both nights of our stay, our bedsheets were not changed, myself and my friends felt itchy all over, so I’m fairly certain there were bed bugs. I was still itchy even a couple days after leaving!

I’m concerned about the lack of security as well. Perhaps it’s just what I’m used to where I’m from, but normally to even get into the hotel, you need a room key. (Except of course the main entrance where the lobby would be)
In this case the lobby and rooms are two separate buildings, I saw no card readers on any of the building doors (besides the rooms) in the front, the side doors, or the pool doors... So anyone could just waltz in and out at any time! Now this may not be a big concern, but I would advise at least consider some security measures.
That is if you value the safety of your guests above all else.

On my last night, I went down to the pool for a short swim and soak in the hot tub to loosen tight muscles. I noticed the rescue equipment hanging on the wall, which looked very old. As a former lifeguard, I took the liberty of examining the equipment and noticed the spinal back board was in horrible condition; it looked like it was carved from driftwood. The white tube seemed fine, but where’s the lasso? First aid kit? AED Defibrillator??
Whether or not you have a lifeguard on duty, this equipment MUST be readily accessible, regularly inspect and maintained should they ever be needed!
This is federal law!!
I guarantee you do not want to have a water emergency arise, a guest drowns, and be held responsible for faulty and/or missing equipment! You would be looking at full on lawsuit and shutdown at the very least!
Now the likelihood of this scenario happening is small. HOWEVER, it is federal law to be ready should such events occur!
So please, heed, my warning!

The breakfast food quality at the lobby leaves something to be desired. I’ve had better at summer camp! I would suggest improvements be made there too.

I went to the hotel website to leave my review, clicked on testimonials, and I wasn’t surprised to see a full page of all glowing glamorous 5 star reviews, with no place to comment.
After all, there are companies that will fabricate positive reviews about their own establishments, under false aliases, to make themselves more marketable.
This is only because they’ve caught on to people actually checking the reviews and basing their decisions on that.

All things considered in my experience at this hotel, it’s an easy decision that I will not be staying here again. And I would not recommend it to anyone else either.
At least until these problems are better managed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashlee K
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had spent a little over 2 weeks camping in the northern Lower Peninsula and the Upper Peninsula and needed a break (and a shower!!!). We travel with our collie, Sam, so we needed a dog-friendly place to stay. This was perfect. We had a beach-front room, Very clean, reasonable rates, very accommodating staff. Good hot breakfast bar (I'm not a breakfast food person ... but my husband is and there was enough variety that I could find something to munch on while he enjoyed ... ugh ... eggs. lol). We got the last room available on the night we arrived so 2 queen beds ... I would suggest some sort of small table on outer sides of the beds so both had a place to put stuff. I moved one of the chairs over and used that. Minor thing, though, all in all, we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are delighted you chose Breakers Resort to rest and relax during your camping adventure. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort and we hope to see you on your next St. Ignace adventure!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We had a lake view room, gorgeous view. The breakfast was yummy and hot. We did have an issue with our hotel pool. It was closed the first night we were there, but we were allowed to use the hotel pool next door. The second night, however, our pool was open but too cold to swim in and the hotel pool next door was closed down. Since the pool was part of our search criteria, we mentioned this to Angela (a manager) and she was able to refund a portion for us. Great customer service. Keep your customers coming back!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your patience and understanding while we completed pool upgrades. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort and we hope you return to enjoy our beautiful pool on your next visit to St. Ignace!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Water view and close to the water, very nice free breakfast, pool, and jacuzzi both well kept and clean. Clean comfortable rooms, nice staff, location very close to everything ( a few mins. drive at most) and for less than $90. a nite. Similar rooms like that would have been at least 175 in Marquette and over 110 just about anywhere else. Cannot say enough about the place

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mfd6860
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are delighted you enjoyed the many wonderful features our beachfront hotel has to offer during your stay. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort and we hope to see you on your next visit to St. Igance.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The rooms are adequate and clean. The pool and hot tub were nice the one time we used them. Breakfast was hot but very crowded much of the time. The best feature was the large sand beach with several fire rings to use. They were building a drink house when we were there which will add to the beach area (but block the view for the lower rooms some). We loved sitting on the beach with a great view of Lake Huron and Mackinac Island.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are excited for the completion of our upcoming beach bar. Opening this season, our guests will start the day with breakfast served on the shores of Lake Huron overlooking historic Mackinac Island and return to relax to the sights and sounds of our beach over a glass of wine in the evenings. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort, and we hope to see you on your next visit to St. Ignace!