All reviews mackinac island room was clean great view electric fireplace waffles hot tub balcony overlooking the water watch the sunrise lakeside room hotel breakfast sausage stayed two nights view of the lake nice size mini fridge sandy beach family vacation
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

To reach this place you need to cross mackinac bridge. From the bridge it’s hardly ten mins drive and the hotel offers a very beautiful lake view. Viewing Sunrise is so awesome. The rooms are clean and comply. Do not forget to carry to your swimming attires. The indoor pool and jacuzzi are available and one can always choose them as relaxation options. They also have regular buffet breakfast in the menu. A good place to stay for a vacation.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pruthvi N
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted you enjoyed the beautiful sunrise during your stay with us and enjoyed the many additional amenities our beautiful hotel offers as well. Thank you again for choosing Breakers Resort and we hope to see you on your next visit to St. Ignace.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We won't stay here again. We stayed two nights during the holiday weekend.

Cleanliness: Poor. On day 2, housekeeping left us a piece of chewed gum, exposed in its wrapper on our night stand. I was thinking "Oh an Andes mint!"...but I was way wrong. Also pretty sure there was a bandaid hanging out on the carpet. Easily visibly because it would stare at me when I laid my head on my bed. Another thing, they don't change your sheets during your stay. They just make your bed again. They make it look almost passable so it would make me think they don't change sheets for new guests. Lastly, who purposely smudged my eye glasses? Not me! They weren't that way when I left them in the room. Why? Because I wear them to see!There is more...but the above should make it clear enough for you.

View: They probably won't let you know but there's construction, too.

Overall, you can probably just stay at a cleaner place, with better view, and trust worthy staff. Just giving you a heads up because we are not staying here again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

We are dissappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us and are alarmed at your statement regarding the gum left in your room as well as fingerprints on your glasses. We take this situation seriously, and please be assured it is being looked into for us to address. All bedding is removed and refreshed after guest departure, as well refreshed on the second day our guest's stay. We would have been happy to refresh your sheets after your first night had this been brought to our attention. Please accept our apologies for failing to bring this service to your attention. We appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in our continuous goal of improving the excellent service our guests expect. We hope you consider giving our beautiful property another opportunity to meet your service expectations, and would invite you to contact me directly should you have additional feedback or concerns.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

I specifically reserved a lake view room with a balcony to be able to sit outside in the evenings, but due to the fact there were hundreds of flies all over the balcony it was impossible. We were told a couple different stories that these flies swarm the area at different times of the year. And the weather was perfect through out our stay. I know nature cannot be controlled, but every entry and exit of the hotel was covered with dead flies. Cleaning these areas should have been a priority. And then every morning at 8:00 a.m. the noise started due to construction of a beach bar and a new roof. Nice vacation! We checked out 2 days early of course nonrefundable and the employee who checked us out did not even ask why. Good customer service would have politely inquired.

Room Tip: ask about construction and flies
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank denisemalless
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. We hope you give our beautiful property another chance on your next visit to St. Ignace.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I was scheduled to stay 2 nights but barely made it through 1. There was a domestic violence incident in the room next to me and by the time that was over and done with and I had spoken with the cops, I didn't want to remain in the room I was in because I didn't feel safe, so I asked to be moved. The hotel thankfully moved me, but the room I was moved to had a massive problem with bugs. I was awake until 4am killing these sand flies that apparently got into the room through a hole in the screen door for the balcony. I know they are bad in Michigan this time of year but it was absolutely disgusting. I had nothing to kill them with so I used one of the room towels and just kept smashing them all night long. After only sleeping from 4am to about 6am, I checked out the next morning and canceled my 2nd night. I showed the staff my towel covered in dead bugs and the hotel said they would refund my second night and that it would take 4 days to process, but after 4 days (when I was back home) the charge was still there. I called the hotel and was told it would take 7-10 days to be refunded. I let more time pass and even after 10 days the charge was still there so I had to dispute it with my bank, which ended up involving me having to cancel my debit card and getting a new one and filling out an official fraud report. THE BANK gave me my money back, but the hotel never did. I was originally going to stay silent about my stay but after I had to jump leaps and bounds just to get my money back for a night I didn't stay, I decided that the gloves were off. Absolutely do not stay at this hotel, no matter what you do. The only positive about it is the view of Mackinac Island and Lake Huron, and you can get an equal view at just about every other hotel in St. Ignace.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank NathanM1984
Reviewed 9 May 2018

The rooms were cute and clean enough (which says a lot coming from me since I'm very picky about cleanliness), but the front desk staff was the worst. We booked 3 nights, but ended up staying for only 1 night due to their horrible customer service skills. We were driving in from hours away and figured we'd probably stop somewhere along the way to sleep, but we didn't - just kept driving so we got to St. Ignace early. We called the hotel to ask to add another night to our 3 night stay. Instead of taking our money for another night they chose to give us the run around with excuses like "your room isn't ready" well we don't need the exact same room, we can check out and check back in. "Oh, well we don't have any rooms ready." Um, ok we can see you're not at full capacity by the lack of cars in the parking lot. After sitting in their parking lot for 6 hours, after a very long drive and badly in need of a shower, we finally were able to check into our room which turned out not to be the room we booked. We booked a room with a balcony and fireplace, but got one with a Jacuzzi tub and no fireplace instead (and technically no balcony since it was on the first floor). I suppose they attempted to make things right by moving us to the correct room and refunding us for 2 nights so we could leave, but it was still a horrible experience. I feel like they treated us like they thought we were trying to check in early without paying extra, but I heard my husband specifically tell them on the phone "we'd like to check in early AND PAY FOR AN EXTRA NIGHT." So I really don't see how they could have misunderstood. And although the rooms were clean enough, they had a weird musty smell.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bridgetlynn
Justna H, Director of Sales at Breakers Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. Our team strives to provide the excellent service our guests expect. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. I appreciate that we cannot get it right all of the time. Your feedback is valuable, and I would invite you to contact me directly to discuss at your convenience. Thank you again for your review.