“Quaint lovely place for shower”
Review of Victorian Rose

Victorian Rose
Ranked #47 of 98 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I attended my nieces wedding shower here last weekend and it was wonderful. It was a two hour event and at first i thought how are we going to accomplish everything including eat and open gifts but everything went smoothly. The tea was wonderful, especially the mint tea, lunch was delicious and was very impressed that they had no problem accommodating a gluten free issue. The just changes my meal ensuring it was gluten free and I had no reaction. Dessert was also gluten free and delicious. To top it off, my ring slipped off my finger and I called and indicated that i thought it ended up in the garbage can when i washed my hands. I left my name and number and within hours got a call. They went the the garbage and retrieved it for me. Wow. That was above and beyond my expectations. I thought everyone was extremely professional, place was clean, and food delicious. I will definitely keep in mind for a future event.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

if you and one or two friends want a quaint delicious meal this is the place to come. Since changing hands it has been freshened up a bit but still has that feel of a tea house!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Do NOT book ANY event here!!! Seriously! If there was a possibility for less than 1 Star, I’d go there... where do I start? We booked a baby shower here and experienced NOTHING but unprofessional, sub-par, spastic behavior from the owner as soon as the invites were out and there was no time to turn back. Mistake after mistake with the event booking (thru the owner). On the day of the event, my guests all expressed that they were “yelled at” for inconveniencing the server when moving seats, my sister was berated for coming in to the venue to set up (by the OWNER at the time agreed upon by spastic owner) and was told that I had been texting the owner to add a chair at a seat which was unacceptable (the text never happened, owner confused me with another poor guest who had an event later that day and how horrible that they got so upset at such a request and were so distasteful to say something like that anyway) the food was AWFUL and NOT anywhere near worth what we paid for. Even better... THE chair covers were DIRTY... Then, the server told us to MOVE bc she was trying to clean up for the NEXT guests 45 MIN PRIOR to the time agreed upon and paid for to exit the event - I could go on but I’ll just stop there bc this horrendous business owner doesn’t even deserve the time it takes to write this and I think you get the picture. They are a miserable, ungrateful business full of people who apparently HATE what they do - I just want to help anyone who plans to book an event here - horrendous doesn’t even begin to describe this place - STAY away!!!!

1  Thank Courtney T
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful tea room, especially at holidays. Huge selection, it's difficult to choose, and everything was scrumptious! No room for dessert, will have to visit just for that.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely place for lunch or just for a cup of tea and a dessert!
Crepes, both savory and sweet, were delicious and so was my chicken pot pie!
I will definitely come back!

Been to Victorian Rose? Share your experiences!