“Great food, service and drinks ~”

Palms Krystal Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in Port Huron
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In 1936 Beverly and Rubye Osborne were driving west from Oklahoma to California. They had no reason to be joyful. They were middle aged and the Depression had wiped out their savings. On this particular afternoon it seemed that everyone in the state was attempting to escape the famine of the Oklahoma dust bowl. With not much more than their meager belongings and a basket of fried chicken, Beverly Osborne coaxed his Ford pickup across the barren prairie. Suddenly, a bump in the rutted road scattered the chicken and basket. Picking it up, Rubye complained "this is really Chicken in the Rough®." With that chance remark, a fortune was born. Beverly turned his truck around and headed back home. A man who, on instinct, had made a modest fortune and lost it - Beverly reasoned that "fingers were made before forks" and that chicken could be a cheap source of food at a time when incomes were sparse. Beverly learned from his previous business experience and failures that every business must provide customer satisfaction by identifying customers' needs and how to satisfy those needs better than anyone else. Soon, with the money he had received from the sale of his wife's wedding ring, he had an operation serving fried chicken with shoestring potatoes, hot biscuits and honey. That was the delectable meal that started "Fast Food - Fried Chicken Franchising" - long before McDonald's or Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was our first time here. Crystal H was our waitress and did a great job, and she was very pleasant. (She had someone else come now and then to help out and she was nice too, didn't catch her name but she had a red t-shirt on. The chicken noodle soup was okay, I just like more chicken flavor to it & parsly, but not everyone likes that. I had the Old Fashioned Turkey dinner, very nice proportion it was very good, loved the stuffing the best, and I tried and Amaretto Kiss, that was super nice too ~

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Thanks to my family for bringing us to this friendly restaurant and introducing me to Walleye. Every dish we had was so good, except that we weren't real nuts about the sugar flavor in the chicken and waffles dish. We all tasted it and preferred the chicken alone, but hey. Different strokes. Palms Krystal is one of the places that makes Port Huron home. I was returning for a family reunion after having been born there and moved away. I felt like a real Michigan girl when we ate here. The bacon cheeseburger was to die for.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This place was awesome. Had the spicy chicken sandwich, chicken wings, shoestring fries, and deep fried Brussel Sprouts. The sandwich was so damn tasty, made with a spicy sauce, pepper jack cheese, and made on buttery Texas toast. I think I might have a heart attack after eating all of the calories but it was so good I don’t even care. Service was great, she was very attentive. It was a bargain for all of the food you get. Can’t wait to go back.

Oh and don’t forget the decor. Flashback to the 50s!! So cool!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Somethings never change, chicken dinner great, just like my childhood. And I've never disappointed with a burger....BUT THE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP is the BEST!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Another old time gem in this town is this great bar with the neon lights. There is something about it that just makes you relax, and the service is very good.
Aside from that is the "Chicken in the Rough". Don't scrimp out, because like potato chips I will bet you cannot eat just one. Go ahead, order the 4 piece dinner with fresh cut fries. This 1/2 chicken Is to die for, and I would rate it as good or better then any chain store chicken out there. To me, it is always cooked to perfection. Don't forget to add the honey. Getting hungry just talking about it. I have never figured out why this chicken and its concept never went national. After beers at the Rail, come down to the Palm's, for a little more beer and the best chicken dinner for miles around. If you have not been for awhile, it seemed very cleaned up to me, and a number of new Tv's adorned the wall, giving it a sports bar feel, along with the old time neon light affect.