“Don't go”
Review of Palette Bistro

Palette Bistro
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Petoskey
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Palette Bistro, located on the edge of downtown Petoskey, is a unique alternative in upscale casual dining. The food is innovative and pleasing. A Mediterranean inspired menu that evolves seasonally featuring small plates and rustic brick oven preparations. Complimented by carefully selected wines from Europe, Michigan Craft and Belgian Beers. The restaurant offers two floors of seating with stunning views of Little Traverse Bay, intimate lounges and al fresco dining.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Which I could have given a zero. Refused to seat me inside the restaurant with my service dog, which is against federal law. Happy mistake for us, eye next door at the Twisted Olive and had a Five Star meal.

Shawn P, General Manager at Palette Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Karen,

I spoke with your husband last night and apologized profusely for my staff member's lack of knowledge regarding service animals in the restaurant. I even offered to buy the two of you dinner before your return trip home, which he did not take me up on. Rest assured, this is being addressed. We have service animals in the restaurant with their handlers quite regularly.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We opted for the Taste of Palette option for dinner, which included a starter/salad, a main course & dessert. This made the meal very reasonable for the exceptional quality. Everything we were served was delicious and beautifully presented. The location of the table at the windows overlooking the bay could not be more perfect. The server was professional and made the whole dining experience very nice.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

3 couples tonight on vacation. This restaurant was highly recommended by locals. It was smashing good.

Daniel our waiter did a 1st class job taking care of the table. I had the 3 dish special for $32. A small plate of Mussels, a Large plate of Seafood Paella and a dessert. Magnificent.

Don’t miss this place with its wonderful view of the water.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

My family ordered Charcuterie (a combination cold appetizer), paella, and tenderloin steak. The restaurant offers a combination of small plate + large plate + dessert, so we made our two dishes the combination.

All the food was very good, one of the most delicious dishes we have had. The charcuterie has interesting cheeses and preserves, as well as salami and house made thick pork pieces. The steak was garnished with very good sauted onion, and the steak was cooked crisp on the side yet juicy in the middle. Paella was rich in spice and cooked to just right. Small plate Kofta was spiced perfect and cooked perfect.
From the small plate cold soup to dessert, not anything disappointed my family.

Our server was patient(we had long time to decide proper portion for my family), knowledgeable and polite. The good view to bay and nicely decorated interior only helped.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We ventured to this tiny bistro after seeing the reviews. We didn't have a reservation but were able to sit in the bar area with no issue. Opted for the tasting menu for smaller portions and 3 course at 32 dollars a person. This allowed a content feeling not walking away stuffed and having spent a higher price. My favorite by far was the soup an amazing mushroom bisque that was so light and elegant I could have eaten that in a giant bowl and been happy. The quail was yummy as was my husband play on steak and potatoes. Rice pudding for dessert was again light not heavy and just enough to allow that sweet treat to end a meal. We arrived during happy hour for $4 drinks again great if on a budget. Romantic location on the water and right in the town area that let us walk around after dinner to see the harbor. If stopping in the area this little place is great and if on a budget the 3 course is the way to go.