All reviewsnice placepictured rocksplayground equipmentlocal attractionsdump stationcentral spotsoo lockstahquamenon fallscamping tripfor salea great stayshipwreck museumtheir websitewithin an hourfriendly ownerswhitefish pointtwo nights
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Larry and Kathy helped us have a very enjoyable stay. They went out of their way to help us when we had a problem. My grandkids loved the park and the pancake breakfast. They sites are large and easy to park your RV in.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
KathyBartolomucci, Owner at Kritter's Northcountry Campground & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2015

Thank you Don for the review!! So happy to know that everyone had a great time! We enjoy having the breakfasts, and I know the boys enjoyed it :) It was our pleasure to help you when you needed it, we are here to take care of you all!!! Please come back and see us again one day!!

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Stayed 10 days, enjoyed ourselves. Camp host, Larry and Kathy were very friendly and helpful. Stayed over a very busy holiday, camp grounds were FULL and everybody was having a good time. Quite at nite. This is why we camp, had a GREAT time.

Room Tip: Call early if you want FULL hookup.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna N

Hi Donna! Thanks for the great review, we truly appreciate it!! It was a pleasure meeting you guys, you gave us multiple times to smile and laugh!! We are very thankful that you guys had a great time here with us, we work very hard to make sure that happens for everyone. Please come back and see us again soon!!!

Reviewed 31 August 2015

My family enjoyed a relaxing 6 nights @Kritters. I worried that our 1st TENT camping trip in 15 years would fail with my tech-addicted tween/teens. We all had a blast!

Kathy and Larry were extremely gracious hosts. They were visable/available at all times and care deeply about their new campground venture. They take Customer Service a step beyond. I'm puzzled at a couple of negative reviews, as my family stayed there at the same time. I wonder if the reviewers are new to camping, possibly?

~Consider the vast # of campsites and daily chores required to maintain a pleasant atmosphere. I've stayed at campgrounds where icky toilets were clogged for days.

~These go-getters are Customer-Service driven. Larry and Kathy routinely circle the grounds multiple times per day to check/seek out guests' issues/offer assistance...beginning with numerous informative emails before our arrival to help kick off our fun trip.
~I saw the bathroom floors muddy with kids' footprints one rainy night, for maybe an hour at prime time. C'mon? Are we camping here? Are we in the dewy rainforesty U.P.? Everything in the campground was spotless, my family all commented several times, especially on the BathHouse/Laundry/Dishes area. The bathrooms and showers were large and smelled fresh-clean-great, had lots of ventilation, and centrally located for those 3 a.m. jogs. ;) I've truly never seen campground facilities as clean as these. No litter, fresh trash bags in all camper use areas, emptied fire pits, impeccably maintained grounds, minimal signage, updated playground, etc. Super Tidy and Fresh.
~Kathy updated us daily on area weather and made fantastic daytrip suggestions to accommodate crowds/weather/our interests.
~Wood and Ice available any time
~Larry Adapted the site electrcal outlet so we could charge that TECH!

Please consider camping as an opportunity to rough it a bit and have a sense of humor. Example: TP...always have your own. Campgrounds usually have sandpaper TP. Kritters was pillowy soft. :) These amazing hosts deserve only stellar reviews. Best wishes Larry and Kathy, your improvements will upgrade your excellent service.
Thanks, Kritters! My family is now requesting TENT camping!
PB

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Patti B
KathyBartolomucci, Owner at Kritter's Northcountry Campground & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Where do I begin? I will start with THANK YOU for your review!! We enjoyed your family so much and are so happy that you had a great stay with us! Your kind and well thought out review was wonderful to read and we truly appreciate it. It is our hope that everyone leaves here feeling the same way that you and your family felt! We hope you come back and see us again!!!

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Very nice campground and cabins. We stayed in a very clean and cozy cabin. The owners Larry and Kathy were very friendly and informative about the local attractions. They went out of their way to make our stay comfy. They made us feel at home. Well worth the cost. We'll be back many times.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
KathyBartolomucci, Owner at Kritter's Northcountry Campground & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Thank you so much for you kind words about our park! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your cabin, we work very hard to make sure they are super clean for everyone, and comfortable. We do strive to make everyone feel welcome and at home here during their stay with us. Happy to read that you will be coming back again, can't wait to see both of you soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

The owners clearly do not know anything about customer service! We had reservations for Friday and Saturday night checking out Sunday. On Sunday, we were in the process of cleaning up our site and folding down our camper when the owner so rudely informed us that we needed to move immediately and that we were past the time of check out. At this time, there was a camper waiting to get into our site even though there were approximately 20 other sites available. We told the owner that we are almost done (which was obvious) and that we were sorry but we were working as quickly as possible. The owners response was "You better get off the site
or I'm charging you for another night" The couple who was waiting for the lot were very congenial and didn't mind waiting for us so I really didn't understand what the owners big deal was other than acting like a jack a__!

All I can say is when you treat people the way you treated my family, eventually you will get exactly what you deserve....good luck!

Room Tip: Stay at the State Parks! Anything is better than here.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank keepsusgoing
KathyBartolomucci, Owner at Kritter's Northcountry Campground & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2015

Let me first begin by stating that the rules are clearly listed that check out is at noon, and you received a copy of the guidelines at check in. It was 1:15 p.m. when the next campers arrived for their site. They waited an additional 45 minutes to get on their site! Yes they were "congenial" waiting for you, however when I went to speak with them after you left, they were less than happy with how long you took. There are reasons in place for the check in and check out times. We have to clean sites, mow, etc. And those same "congenial" guests stated upon speaking to them that the owner was NOT rude to you at all. He did state that you may have pay for another night, which is in the rules and guidelines. You stated other sites were available, but you don't realize that they were reserved. He was in way rude to you, he was clearly and respectfully stating that you were well past check out time and others were waiting. We treat everyone here wonderfully as you can tell by past reviews.