“Fall in love with this fairytale setting in a...”
The upper terrace
Up from the Tower
The 17th Century Staircase
14th century Salle des Gardes
The Cave or Glacière
Salon with its original provencal stucs
Salon Chimney
The main dining room
The Kitchen adjoining the dining room
View of the kitchen from the dining room
The kitchen
Large meeting room/study
The Potern bedroom
View from Potern Bedroom
The Master bedroom
The Master bathroom
The XIIth century Donjon Bedroom
The entrance to the Donjon's bathroom
The XXIst century Donjon bathroom
Pool table in theTower's Loft
The Tower's Loft bedroom
The Tower's Loft bathroom
12th century Tour de l'Horloge
View of the main terrace from the tower
Upper Terrace
Agoult Suite Terrace
The heated pool with counter-current stream
Madame Maurel's Epicerie where you can find your culinary & household necessities
View of the interior garden and the large outdoor dining table
The French billiards table in the 'Grand Bureau'
View from the main terrace at dawn
The Village clock at dawn
The large dining table in the 14th Century Guards Room
The 14th Century Guards Room
The 14th Century Guards Room, a great place to meet, chat & have a relaxing aperitif.
The glass roof in the Guards Room above the dining table
Morning view from the Suite de Doni
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
GrandmaCh...
Oceanport, New Jersey
“Fall in love with this fairytale setting in a medieval chateau”
Reviewed 12 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Chateau Goult is a true medieval castle with amazing sweeping grand staircase installed during the Renaissance. Think about walking on 1000 year old floors but with the comforts of a well-stocked kitchen and modern plumbing, including washer and dryer, plus a plunge pool! If I could give this a ten plus on a scale of one to five I would. Joel, the caretaker, was helpful and accommodating at explaining how things operated. The place itself is wonderful. The town of Goult is one of the best small towns in Provence (according to the guidebooks and that is correct), but is not over-run with tourists. Lovely restaurants, wine cellars close by. The village cheese shop was deemed incredible by two of our 17 guests. We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary here. Chef Ronald provided a catered dinner that everyone loved. Kudos to Malo, Joel and the chef for making this a memorable experience. I wish everyone I love could stay here.

JammingPo...
Bridgehampton, New York
“marvelous family reunion”
Reviewed 27 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Goult: lovely village, beautiful views, perfectly situated for touring this region of Provence. The Chateau: Glorious - adored by the entire group. We dined every evening in the Chateau, the kitchen provided everything required for all sixteen of us, the bedrooms were wonderful, the pool was refreshing, the exterior setting fabulous. Joel, the caretaker, is extraordinary. Malo, thank you so much.

happytrav...
dublin,ireland
“Magical Chateau”
Reviewed 30 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We had a family gathering here. This is an authentic castle experience but with all the trappings of modern living.The rooms were cosy and it felt homely which was lovely for our family. We had their recommended chef cook our celebration dinner and it was delicious. He was so friendly and eager to talk about the meal preparation. This is a really special place, and I couldn't recommend it enough. Words can't really describe it,it simply has to be experienced.

LainiemSy...
Sydney
“Magnifique!”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

I'm an Australian woman who rented Chateau du Goult for a month with friends around my 70th birthday. Different friends from the UK, USA and especially Australia arrived over the 4 weeks, to spend at least a week, and usually more, with me at the Chateau. From the minute I walked in I was overwhelmed by the beauty and grandeur of the chateau and its grounds - and everyone had the same reaction - its splendour took our breath away. We all felt like royalty as we daily walked the wonderful ancient stone staircase; we all luxuriated in our enormous bedrooms and appreciated the modern facilities; we relaxed on the various terraces and by the pool after exploring the near and far towns and markets; we snuggled by the fire when it was cooler and the magnificent caretaker Joel offered to light it for us; we gathered by the dining table each evening (19 of us one week) and laughed and chatted well into the evening; we dined also at the local restaurants in the beautiful village of Goult, 3 of which are Michelin-listed; and shopped for fresh croissants each morning, for fresh produce in our village and for fish (and jewellery, and clothes) at our own village market, as well as further afield. The guest book signed by most of my 32 guests echoes the rave I am writing here.
I requested a buffet for each Saturday, arrival day. Malo, the owner, made recommendations which were well above any expectations we could have had. Various food requirements were accounted for and the buffet was very French and delicious - a wonderful introduction to the region on people's first day there.
As well, I asked for a chef to come once a week to cook a more formal dinner. Malo recommended Chef Ronald, who amazed us all, with a different menu each week. All the courses were cooked on the premises and therefore very fresh. He served us with aplomb and, to our great delight, explained the cheese course in detail. These dinners were held in what we called the Knight's Chamber at the grand table, lit by nothing but candlelight. All the dinners were tres magnifique - and my particular birthday even more so!
Finally, I must pay tribute to the wonderful caretaker Joel, who efficiently took full bins and many empty bottles away, cleaned the pool, kept the garden immaculate, supervised the spotless cleaning of the chateau and was there to help for any small detail we asked about so everything ran as smoothly as possible. Merci, merci, merci Joel.

I feel I should keep this place a secret - but that would be very churlish of me. I began this plan in early 2015 for June-July 2016 as I sensed this wonderful place would get booked up. I am so glad I was able to secure it for an unforgettable month of a lifetime. Thank you Chateau du Goult, from all of us!

Lorraine McDonald
Sydney, Australia

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!!!
Liked least: Nothing ... though kitchen knives could have been sharper:). We managed the parking in this medieval village very easily, following Malo's suggestions.
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Michael T
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful and historic Chateau”
Reviewed 23 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We spent a week in Provence and stayed in Chateau de Goult. The property and grounds exceeded everyone's expectations. The caretaker was always available to tend to our needs for catering and housekeeping. Goult, a small French village with restaurants and local merchants, idyllic scenery and walking trails that lead to other hilltop villages.
Close to Avignon, Nimes and Arles- other Luberon attractions. Outstanding vineyards like
Chateneuf du Pape, but the regional wineries like Lumieres were amazingly good, and tremendous value. Mike Tilley

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing