“Great time”

GarLyn Zoological Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Naubinway
More attraction details
Owner description: See native and exotic animals up close. Including tiger, cougar, bobcat, river otter, grizzly bear, camel, ring-tail lemurs, reindeer and much, much more.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We live on a farm in Minnesota and it was my husband and I with our 3 teenage boys. For a family owned zoo, it really was pretty good. Quite a few animals that are exotic and then some farm animals also. We all had a good time and had fun watching the monkey. I"m impressed at how well taken care of the animals were and that they rescue most of the animals. They have a good home.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"johns"
"interact"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just love how the place is small enough that you are not exhausted and how you can get very close to the displays. Also love how nice and shady the zoo is with wood chipped pathways instead of cement, which makes my feet and back much happier. It was wonderful to talk directly to the family workers who were doing the feeding and other chores. The animals loved them and the workers all had names for their charges and a story about each of them. More space for the animals and a much more natural habitat than your big commercial zoo operations. The only complaint I have is the yucky port a potties. Hope these guys can make enough to get a real rest room put in soon. I would pay a little more for that convenience.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Kind of a small place but we stayed a long time and saw alot! We brought our own lunch to eat inside on picnic tables. Theres lots of chickens, geese, peacocks, (some other ground animals we dont remember the name of)....all free range...which made for a very neat environment for lunch. We bought the 6 ice cream cones filled with grain (feed alpaca, goats, deer)& 3 apples (feed bears) for $10 to feed the animals. There was a dominate bear, so he stole the apple from the other bear. Looking back, we would have feed them both at the same time- when we initially walked up. They sat there waiting for us at the PVC pipe that you drop in the apple into to give them. Good time had by all. You get to be closer to the animals than a mainstream zoo. Friendly staff. Stroller was ok, but I should have brought something more for off road (wagon, stroller with bigger tires). Walking surface is all mulch.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This is a small zoo but there's actually a large array of animals here! We walked through the whole thing twice which was nice as we were able to see animals that were hidden on our first circle around. The free range birds were awesome. I loved being able to pet the sphinx kitten as that's my dream pet. The bear and dog were super cute, tigers were beautiful. If you go at this time of year you will see a LOT of babies! We watched baby alpaca, deer, reindeer, goats, ect. Awesome! It is buggy but it's in the woods..so use common sense. While I love animals in their natural environments and not in a cage, I realize that some animals just need to be rescued and a cage is better than being put to sleep or suffering. All the animals seemed content. Thank you to the owners for helping these creatures.
Also: we witnessed one employee resting her head on a goats head in a loving manner, it was the cutest. These people really care for these animals.