Open today: 00:00 - 00:00
Review Highlights
A Wonderful, Different Kind of Zoo

I live in the Cleveland-Toledo corridor in Ohio, and have been planning on and wanting to visit the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Gary J
Toledo, Ohio
Great little zoo.

You can see the animals up close, feed them and they seem to be pretty social. Great variety of... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2018
Amber B
via mobile

All reviews detroit zoo exotic animals ice cream cones gift shop feed deer stretch your legs porta potties great place to visit free range baby goats nice zoo great variety of animals singing dogs enjoyed feeding the animals free roaming hand sanitizer bears
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I just love how the place is small enough that you are not exhausted and how you can get very close to the displays. Also love how nice and shady the zoo is with wood chipped pathways instead of cement, which makes my feet and back much happier. It was wonderful to talk directly to the family workers who were doing the feeding and other chores. The animals loved them and the workers all had names for their charges and a story about each of them. More space for the animals and a much more natural habitat than your big commercial zoo operations. The only complaint I have is the yucky port a potties. Hope these guys can make enough to get a real rest room put in soon. I would pay a little more for that convenience.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Kind of a small place but we stayed a long time and saw alot! We brought our own lunch to eat inside on picnic tables. Theres lots of chickens, geese, peacocks, (some other ground animals we dont remember the name of)....all free range...which made for a very neat environment for lunch. We bought the 6 ice cream cones filled with grain (feed alpaca, goats, deer)& 3 apples (feed bears) for $10 to feed the animals. There was a dominate bear, so he stole the apple from the other bear. Looking back, we would have feed them both at the same time- when we initially walked up. They sat there waiting for us at the PVC pipe that you drop in the apple into to give them. Good time had by all. You get to be closer to the animals than a mainstream zoo. Friendly staff. Stroller was ok, but I should have brought something more for off road (wagon, stroller with bigger tires). Walking surface is all mulch.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This is a small zoo but there's actually a large array of animals here! We walked through the whole thing twice which was nice as we were able to see animals that were hidden on our first circle around. The free range birds were awesome. I loved being able to pet the sphinx kitten as that's my dream pet. The bear and dog were super cute, tigers were beautiful. If you go at this time of year you will see a LOT of babies! We watched baby alpaca, deer, reindeer, goats, ect. Awesome! It is buggy but it's in the woods..so use common sense. While I love animals in their natural environments and not in a cage, I realize that some animals just need to be rescued and a cage is better than being put to sleep or suffering. All the animals seemed content. Thank you to the owners for helping these creatures.
Also: we witnessed one employee resting her head on a goats head in a loving manner, it was the cutest. These people really care for these animals.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Small zoo, but much better than I expected and I appreciated that they animals had more space than they seem to at other zoos. Was surprised at the variety of exotic animals for a rural UP zoo!

1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stopped to check out the zoo. I'm glad we did, it was a lot of fun. I like that there were chickens and peacocks flying around freely. We could also feed the animal by purchasing seeds and apples. There were a bunch of babies to see too. And the singing dogs were a hoot! Once you get them howling, the whole zoo starts up.. wovles, coyote all joined in.