“Mexican”

El Tapatio
Ranked #74 of 226 Restaurants in Muskegon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Voted best Mexican Restaurant in the state of Michigan, we had to try it out. Food was good and different , but not as good as I was expecting.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I live in Muskegon and had been to Tapatios a number of times and was never really impressed. There are a couple other restaurants just here in town that I consider much better. I was shocked to see that it was number one in the state so went one more time just to see if they had improved. Nope! Nothing special just basic burritos tacos quesadillas fajitas and other boring Mexican dishes. No specials or soups. I've been to Mexico and I have a friend in Chicago that owns Six truly authentic Mexican restaurants and just to note I would also give Taco Bell three stars! I also think Taco Bell puts more booze in their drinks!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having recently read that it is the best Mexican restaurant in the state, we were curious. Don't get me wrong, it is very good, we finished every bite on our plate. We had an enchilada, two tacos (one American one Mexican), a tamale, beans and chips and cheese with a margarita. Though all very good, I can think of several Mexican restaurants in our home town (Holland) that we like better.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Because this was supposed to be the "Best Mexican Restaurant" in the state, we thought we must be missing something. How could we live here and NOT know this?? We were completely underwhelmed at the service and the food. When you first walk in, t's not intuitive if you're supposed to seat yourself or if they seat you. It was a busy Friday night, so we would expect a little wait. The service was soooo SLOW. Our drinks came out right before our food, which took forever. We couldn't get our waitress to take our bill, so my husband walked up to the take-out counter which took another 10 minutes to pay. The food....eh. I had the steak fajitas. The steak was diced up so tiny that it resembled ground beef and was extremely hard to pick up with a fork and place in the tortillas (you're only given 3 small tortillas). Admittedly, the tortillas were good. I had flour and my husband had corn; both were tasty. No sauces on the table, but the waitress never came back after she delivered our food for us to request some. Won't return. Too many other options with better service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

My husband loves the fish tacos and I love the mexican tacos. They also have specials on the margaritas, not sure what day