“Mediocre Mexican restaurant”

Las Palapas
Ranked #6 of 290 Restaurants in Livonia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The nachos were fresh and hot, the salsa was good but everything else was poor. Our family group had a burrito, an enchilada and tacos. They all had the same dry, tasteless ground beef, no sauce. We also had a steak fajita which contained a lot of raw green peppers, tomatoes and squash. Different from what we are accustomed to, but not in a good way. The place was very busy early on a Monday morning so they must have a following. It was also very noisy.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

I am a regular here. Once I went vegan I thought I'd have to stop but they will customize your order. I often get the fajita bowl with no cheese our sour cream and add beans. Their salsa and chips are excellent too.

1  Thank Mscho5
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We went for an early Thursday dinner (5:30) and got a table for three. My wife and I both took food home due to healthy portions of her chicken fajitas and my chicken chimichangas.
We also had a large guacamole to go along with our chips and salsa appetizer.
There isn't much of a wine list and my wife's Pinot Grigio was
$4.99.
Usually chimichanges are sort of crunchy but mine were more like an enchilada. The refried beans were great and I normally don't eat much of them.
My only down-side is how noisy the place is. I wouldn't go there
if you are sensitive to loud places. Otherwise a great find.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Overall we enjoyed our dining experience at Las Lalapas. The happy hour margaritas were very good, although a bit strong. All of the entrees we ordered were enjoyed. The server was very friendly. The only negative was we were seated by one of the speakers, which were quite loud. Requests to lower the volume were ignored.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Love the food here. This place has very nice latin decor. Very cozy feeling while dining here. Salsas are tasty

Been to Las Palapas? Share your experiences!