“Aporkcalypse for the win!!!”
Review of Dead Bear

Dead Bear
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Grayling
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Aporkalypse burger: beef patty, bacon, pulled pork, ham, and cheddar cheese!!
Burger was great, only complaint was our entire table ordered “medium” burgers and we all received “well done”. Would come back the next time I’m in town.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in for lunch on our way back home from 'up north'. Food and beer was good. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions, beer samples, etc. We'd definitely stop in again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just left dinner there and it was tasty! Had 2 different locals tell us today to go elsewhere and I’m not sure why?

Got the prime rib sandwich and it was delicious! My wife got spinach, feta and bacon salad, she says it was good as well.

Food came out super fast and HOT!

The only reason I’d gripe is the microbrew menu. Sounded like it’s updated daily, which is good, but the wait staff had little clue as to what the beers where or could they make a recommendation. Personally when I travel I like to try new/different things but I like to hear what they are know for, or w hat the locals love.

I finished of the Pigeon Hills Porter they had on tap and since it wasn’t a full pint (maybe 12oz.) they gave it to me gratis, it was an amazing beer! Sweet with subtle hints of caramel and salt. Since I wanted a beer with my meal I also ordered the Irish Stout. If I didn’t know better I’d have sworn it was a coffee stout. Black as night with a full body, sweet with a bitter finish, personally 4/5. The porter was easily 5/5!

Cool atmosphere and worth the stop if you’re in Grayling,

My kids got a kick out of the animal skins on the walls.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner with some friends. The steak I ordered was cooked perfectly. I also tried the Mac and Cheese, which is the best I have ever tasted. They also have a great craft beer selection.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

I went to the Dead Bear Restaurant with my family of (4) while visiting other family in Michigan. We are from Virginia, so we were not familiar with any restaurants in Grayling, saw this one and thought we would try it. We were not disappointed. We were there on a Friday night when they had live music, so were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was clean, the service was good, the food was good, and the entertainment was good -- Can't go wrong with that.
If we are ever back in town, we will be sure to stop by again!!

1  Thank Trish H