“Good location, friendly staff.”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #145 of 997 Restaurants in Grand Rapids
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We tried out Bob Evans for the 1st time while in Grand Rapids. We thought about our normal visit to IHOP, which was across the street, but chose to try out Bob Evans. Food was good.. probably on par with Dennys more than IHOP, but could also see the similarities to IHOP. Staff was friendly and helpful, so that was a good thing to have. We would probably go back...

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived early and were seated quickly. I had the turkey dinner while the wife had the meatloaf dinner. We also chose the three-course option which included dessert. Dinners were very tasty and service was very good. Got busy as we left. All in all a good visit. Very clean.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I hadn't been to Bob Evans for a number of years, but thanks to a coupon in the newspaper, I thought I would try it again. I waited to be seated for 3 minutes, as the Manager was more interested in pulling a cash drawer than seating people. A girl from the bakery area seated me. Since I was dining alone, she assumed that I wanted to sit at the counter. I asked to sit by the windows. Keonna was my server, and I would recommend her. My late father was a fan of Chopped Steak with Mushrooms and Onions, so I ordered that in his honor. I mentioned to Keonna, that I wanted the meat to be cooked medium. She politely said that they cooked all meat more well done, but if it was cooked to much for me, she would get me something else. The side dishes were Cole Slaw, and Corn. The Cole Slaw tasted good, and the Biscuits were nice and soft. When I got the meat, I expected it to be overdone, but it was actually cooked just the way I like it. The corn had a citrus type sauce which was a big hit. When Keonna asked if the meat was alright, I told her to tell the kitchen that they tricked me, and that it was cooked how I like it. She said that she would tell them right away. Upon departing, the Assistant General Manager heard that I had complimented the kitchen, which he appreciated. I'd definitely return.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This location is convenient and one of the better Bob Evans there is. The food is always really homemade good and the service is exceptional too.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My father and I stopped here for lunch and will definitely be back. My father wanted a cup of soup and the Wildfire Chicken Salad, but can no longer eat all of it - even the small size. Our waitress checked with the manager and they allowed my father to do the Pick 2 Combo with a small Wildfire Chicken Salad, with an upcharge to account for the chicken. He was so thrilled!

Instead of saying "No, we can't do that," you accommodated his request for a small fee and it made our day. Elderly people get set in their ways, and it is nice to see an establishment cater to them.

Thank you!