All reviews double tree cookies grand rapids airport front desk staff room was clean nice hotel guest rooms business trip pleasant stay easy access convenient location up to date great place to stay free breakfast lobby shuttle banquet
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I'll start with the location to GRR is great. The place was clean. The staff very friendly, Room size was good. We didn't visit the bar/restaurant other than a peak. I didn't see the pool.
So why the "Poor" rating? We had a king accessible room. The grab bars in the bathroom were in odd places around the toilet. The toilet paper holder was on the wall behind the toilet and very hard to reach. Also, Housekeeping, they are grab bars, not towel racks! I would think maybe a raised toilet would be nice also in an accessible room. My wife showered before I did and warned me the tub was very slippery and to be careful. That was a huge understatement. I don't know if they use a polish or wax or whatever on the tub but it was terrible. The vanity is outside of the toilet and tub room and was very very small and cluttered. Lighting there was impossible for makeup or even shaving. The AC unit was fairly loud which made the TV volume difficult. Nice TV though. I think hotels in general need better signage for the Ice Machine, ours was down a very long hallway and then around the corner.
The shuttle service is good although it would be nice if they did more than one drop off point. We flew Southwest which is at the far end of where we were dropped off. Also, we dropped the rental car off the night before and could have used better information as to where the shuttle would pick us up.
As I said, the staff was very pleasant and the hotel clean. The couch and bed were comfortable. Location was great. So there were some positive things.
Would I stay there again? No, mainly because of the bathrooms.

Room Tip: The second floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank RussL
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Didn't get to enjoy the facility's much but everything looked nice and clean.We checked iv very late on a Fri and the woman working the counter was very nice,even made sure we had some hot cookies,it was well after midnight so that was really nice.We stayed 2 nights and everything that we used was wonderful,oh I'm a tall guy and normally have to bend over to take a shower,not the case here plus there was plenty of water pressure !!! That is rare no matter where you stay ! The place was clean all the staff we talked and dealt with were wonderful.I now have family living up there and we will very likely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for business trip. The room is good, but the internet was very slow and interment.

When tried to take shower in the morning, there was no shampoo in the bathroom, when I called for one, they sent body wash.

At the breakfast I asked for banana, they said they do not have any.

The make it right policy was nothing to do with make of right. I should not pay one penny for this service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarmad K
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Check in was a breeze, front desk employees were very attentive. Hotel was a bit dated and could use a good update in rooms and hallways. Rooms were as I said a bit dated, but nice a comfy, bathroom could do with a good scrub down and pressure wash, but well stocked with everything. Restaurant service was great and food also cooked to my liking.
Hotel is close to everything, restaurants bars and the highway is a 5 mins.

Room Tip: was on the 3 floor
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Overall great stay. I was there for business and the location is perfect. Very close to the airport with a shuttle available for guests. Room was comfortable, the AC can be a bit loud, but fine for me. Staff was great!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business