“VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH SERVICE and COST FOR IT”
Review of Oasis Salon & Spa

Oasis Salon & Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Gladwin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Indulge in unique luxurious treatments like our Purely Michigan Massage and Signature Facial. Experience our incredible massages, body treatments and facials to reduce stress and relax your muscles and your mind. Our gifted therapists and aestheticians will help determine the appropriate treatment for you. Plus, explore our salon services, including manicures, pedicures and more.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

After moving to Gladwin, MI recently, one task I had was to find a new salon. It was Mother’s Day and my amazing husband purchased me a $80 gift card for me to go to Oasis Salon & Spa to get done a mani /pedicure. My family was leaving in one week for Spring Break in Florida, and I needed my hair done more than the manicure and pedicure. The pricing for a highlight and cut was over $200.00. This was IF it’s done by a senior stylist which now I realized I wasn’t even asked, it was just assumed I guess. It may cost more but who wants their hair done by someone that’s less experienced. I was in total disbelief with these charges especially when I’ve only paid less than $100 in the past. But after thinking that for this cost, It would be like having my hair done by a celebrity stylist. I really assumed my hair would be the best looking I’ve ever had and was really excited. The price still scared me but I planned to apply my $80 gift card and pay the remaining balance.
The day at the spa came and I realized that I wasn’t getting out under a dryer, that’s not normal but ok. Now the next issue was why not use toner? It would make ur hair muddy looking. Well past experience told me otherwise but here we are with a wash and blow dry and when the first look in the mirror came, instant horrify thought raced through my head, my hair was awful.it looked like my hair was highlighted with an at home kit by myself. There were strands that were orange at the top then white then orange again especially when worn down. I should have known why she pushed to wear my hair wavy when I left (which I never do) to hide all the problems. So on my drive home I cried the entire way. My husband immediately called the salon to say he bought me a gift card and was so upset his wife was crying in bed. The manager offered to fix come back in to fix it. Very happy that she offered this, until I arrived. Number one manager complaint, do not use the same person who clearly didn’t know what she was doing. That should have been a policy, plus way uncomfortable and so time consuming. I then explained my issues with the stylist saying I can’t do much cause your hair is fried and it will break off if she did. So she would add color to balance it out. Another fix I didn’t understand and never having fried hair, but I was more worried than ever. After finding out she had to come in on day off and she wasn’t gettied paid, I should have known I was getting payback for mentioning to her boss. I would have thought a refund? My gift card back? An offer for my time, god knows I didn’t get $400 worth of hair styling. Anything to make up for my drive, gas, paying a child sitter, and sitting in a chair for many hours...AGAIN. I was just told this one was free and left. Seeing in the car again I cried the whole way home. Embarrassed of my husband calling then, embarrassed by anyone I ran into. I didn’t want to grab groceries on my way home that bad! My hair was not fixed just the same with orange tint, no toner, and even with a photo and my specific requests, all my ideas had an excuse for not getting done. So I had to go on my entire families Spring Vacation to Disney World with the worst looking hair I’ve ever had, not what I was hoping for family photos. The stylist even tried telling me don’t worry the FL sun will fix the orange. Not with that much orange. My dream of having a $200 hair service turned into the most expensive nightmare I’ve ever had. The hair stylist have 8 things she does there, not just hair so that made me think if your not someone who only works on hair exclusively, you can’t be as good as someone who does. Stylist was very friendly, very nice, yet just can’t do hair processing it seems. I was told they only do updos for bridal parties each weekend, my other clue that processing wasn’t their thing. The spa looked great, I will say that it’s main focus is the spa, with very little attention to detail with the salon. The prices clearly were listed for people like me who thinks you pay for the best, boy was I wrong! Lesson learned. I’d rather drive the miles to my old salon or try another one in my new town because what seemed like the best was just a huge expensive disappointment.

2  Thank Samantha W
Riverwalk Place R, Public Relations Manager at Oasis Salon & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

ExploreMI- We're both surprised and disappointed that your time at Oasis Salon & Spa did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. The owner of Oasis Salon & Spa would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. If you could, please give her a call at (989)246-5930 at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I have visited Oasis 5 times now. The spa manicure and pedicure never disappoint. They have great products and a friendly staff. I usually go alone but this would be a fun place to go with friends for services. You can order drinks up from the bar downstairs to embibe while being pampered too.

3  Thank Amy11709
Riverwalk Place R, Public Relations Manager at Oasis Salon & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Amy11709- Thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear that you continue to choose Oasis Salon & Spa. It's loyal guests such as yourself that help make Oasis and Riverwalk Place all that it is today. We couldn't do it without you! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is an awesome place to go for a getaway to relax and be pampered. I've been coming here for 6 years and have enjoyed all the services I've received. The staff is friendly and professional. The atmosphere is very nice, I love sitting in the salon area over looking the river for my services.

1  Thank Brenda B
Riverwalk P, Public Relations Manager at Oasis Salon & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Brenda B- We are so happy to hear that you enjoy you time at Oasis Salon & Spa and that you continue to return time and time again. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to continuing our relationship in the future. Thank you, Brenda for such a wonderful review.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Barb and Jenna in the Spa/Salon made myself and family/friends look beautiful for my wedding! Great up-dos and make up! We got so many compliments on how amazing we looked!

Riverwalk P, Public Relations Manager at Oasis Salon & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Jenny F- Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, we do appreciate it. We're pleased to hear that you had a great experience at Oasis Salon & Spa. We will pass along your compliments to Barb and Jenna! You were an absolute delight to work with and looked stunning on your special day! Thank you again for your review.