“Closed permanently, but may be reopening under new ownership.”

Mike's Village Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Dimondale
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After reading Trip Advisor reviews that had my mouth watering, we decided to go to Mike’s Village Restaurant for dinner. I wanted to do a quick search to see if they had online menu, and I discovered news articles saying the restaurant closed permanently now May 2018. No homemade bread for us. :(

However, the same Google search revealed articles saying the restaurant will be reopening with new ownership as Morning Lori Cafe. There weren’t many details, so it will probably be a while before it reopens.

1  Thank SpainChica08

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Dimes Brewery for a birthday party. They allow you to bring in food from local restaurants. We had bread sticks and pizza from Mike’s. It was excellent, with plenty of sauce and toppings on a nice crust. Pizza is a very subjective food, but if you like plenty of toppings and cheese on a medium thick crust, you will love Mikes. Prices are very inexpensive for a top quality product.

1  Thank MSUmindy
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I was in Lansing on a business trip and had to stay overnight. The Comfort Inn was horrible so I searched for a local breakfast place, and found Mike's. The reviews were quite good and the menu looked reasonably safe.

My colleague and I ordered omelettes, regular style, as opposed to 'fluffy' (they use a malter to aerate the eggs). The service was prompt and very courteous. Our server spoke about their homemade donuts - I'm generally not a fan of cake donuts, but couldn't turn them down...and glad I didn't- they were warm and delicious (highly recommended).

The restaurant is far from fancy, but it's clean and friendly. It's one of those local spots that you hope to stumble across whilst on a road trip.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Everything is good but you missed it if you don't have a piece of fresh baked pie and take home a loaf of their bread. WOW

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stopped into Mikes this morning to have breakfast. I've lived lived in Dimondale for 13 years and it was my first visit. So happy I finally went! It's a cute quaint family feel restaurant. I ordered the breakfast special which was eggs, hash browns and toast. Everything was good but the homemade sour dough bread toast was fantastic. You can purchase loaves of different homemade breads. My friend ordered an omelet that was filled generously. Her only complaint was that it would have had more flavor it the onions and peppers were cut larger instead of diced so tiny. No complaints on their prices either, very fair.