“Unhelpful”
Review of Masonic Temple

Masonic Temple
Ranked #45 of 128 things to do in Detroit
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I am a photographer documenting American life. To that end I wanted to photograph the fabulous great hall in this building, and approached the security guy to ask him if this would be possible. He told me no, but I should come back Sunday (it was Tuesday!!) I'm a little hard of hearing, so asked him to repeat himself, to which he SHOUTED at me. Bloody cheek. This attitude does not reflect the charity of which the Masons are known as an organisation. Am disgusted.

1  Thank Mickigirl1310
All reviews
"roller derby"
in 7 reviews
"white stripes"
"local venue"
in 2 reviews
"great piece of architecture"
"huge building"
in 2 reviews
"great place to see a concert"
"coat check"
"performers"
"hundreds"
"block"

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This is probably one of the best places to see a concert in Detroit. Beautiful, great acoustics, and historic. Definitely a Gem of the city.

I have heard parking can be challenging at times if the are events at Ford Field, Comerica Park, or LCA so you might want to plan accordingly. We just Uber to save the hassle.

The roller derby they have there is also a great time!

Highly recommended place!

2  Thank Crazyjack555
Reviewed 12 February 2018

My husband and I purchased tickets to the Love Jams Concert which was on Friday, February 9, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. and at the Masonic Temple. Despite the fact that the streets were not snow plowed we still made it down to the Masonic Temple just before 8:00 p.m. However, all of the lots were full and there wasn't any parking close by other than the parking for Olympia events where you were required to having parking passes. After, circling around for almost an hour for parking without having any luck we decided to leave.

4  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We found parking a block from the venue and there seemed to be parking lots all around the location. Getting in was fairly quick once they opened another entrance. Security was quick, polite and efficient. The venue itself was beautiful inside. We got pretty close to the stage easily and there was ample seating, as well. We had a great time, and would recommend this venue for a concert again. Oh, and if youre hungry on the way out, you can get a whole pizza for 5 bucks if tjey have some left (we got 2 since we skipped dinner).