“Simply perfect.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pristine reefs just waiting for you to discover!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Chrystele...
Portland, Oregon
“Simply perfect.”
Reviewed 1 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We had a wonderful time in the 3 bed octogonal bungalow (2 beds and one sofa bed). And after checking out the other options once on the island, this turned out to be my favorite. We were very lucky to find this place last minute as we had previously been staying at the Omega lodge in the jungle. Daryl was the perfect host: communication was excellent and prompt. He offered to make the reservation for the boat for us, making it really easy. I would suggest making sure you have all your electronics/passports secured in ziploc bags for the crossing (2 other guests staying with us got their i-phone and camera lense wet/damaged). Once there, it's simply perfect: quietness insured, nothing to do but admire the pelicans, read in the shade that abounds, and snorkel (water shoes are a plus if you want to explore more). And of course just show up 3 times a day for Fransi's good cooking if you have opted for the cooked meal option. If there are particular fruit/vegetable that you like, I would mention it to Daryl to make sure you get them. It was lovely to talk with Fransi's husband, Jose, the friendly caretaker, in Spanish, as he is a good source if you want to learn more about the culture/customs of Honduras. Overall, A+++ for this experience. I'll be sure to recommend it to my friends and family, and I really hope we get to go back. Thank you Daryl.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Kelly P
Girdwood, Alaska
“Marvelous Adventure/Island Getaway”
Reviewed 23 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Our trip was a spur of the moment adventure and much needed island getaway. Being such it was all last minute planning for transport to Cayos... Plane, taxi, boat...BUT Daryl was extremely helpful in it all and made sure we had safe, reliable transport between the airport in Ceiba and the island. We felt transported to the South Pacific and enjoyed our unreal other world like experience. Wonderful snorkeling, water and fun! We had terrific food including fresh fish several times. My only advice is to wear sunblock (seriously!) and be ready for a possible wet boat ride out there! Magical and whimsical!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How remote it was and still such great service!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Alexander...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Once in a lifetime location, will stay with me forever”
Reviewed 7 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Daryl was incredibly helpful before and during my month long stay. He went to great lengths insuring my arrival to the island went smoothly, even picking me up from my hotel and taking me to the boat in Sambo Creek and meeting me the day before to get a local sim card to help me communicate with home. During my stay we kept in touch and he sent out supplies and even helped me replace my phone when it stopped working. He is a very nice and laid back guy who is there to answer any questions or help you out in any way he can. The island is a paradise with lovely accomodation and incredible surroundings. There is some of the best reef in the world metres from the dock and beautiful views in all directions. I have never seen so much sea life in such a concentrated area (eagle rays, puffer fish, squid, lobster, an endless variety of beautiful fish). I stayed in one of the cabins (basically a spacious bedroom and a bathroom) and didn't need anything else. If you want a bit more luxury then the house is perfect. Jose and Francie (who are the live-in caretaker/cook etc) are incredibly lovely people. Francie's food is delicious and she is very accomodating to dietary needs and preferences etc. Despite their limited English I became good friends with them both spending time fishing, improving my spanish and just hanging out. The atmosphere on the island is truly unique and is something that has to be experienced to be understood. I spent the month writing music and it was the most productive and inspiring period of my life. I will remember my time there for the rest of my life. I cant recommend this place enough but like a few other reviewers I'm reluctant to let anyone else in on the secret. If you are considering it then look no further. A once in a lifetime experience and a must visit if you want relax on a paradise island.

Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
ErlntzE
Toronto, Canada
“Closest place to paradise”
Reviewed 7 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

A small island in the middle of the ocean, palm trees, turquoise water and white sand all around. This place is as close as you can get to paradise, and one of the most exclusive locations we've been to. There's great snorkeling all around, an uninhabited island you can walk to, and other activities such as volley ball, kayaking, etc. If you enjoy beach, water activities and solitude (no wifi!), this is an amazing option!
Also, Daryl was extremely attentive all the time, making sure we got safely to the island, and that we had all we needed.
We spent two nights and can't wait to go back!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Nova_Scot...
Nova Scotia, Canada
“An incredible oasis in Honduras' beautiful Cayos Cochinos.”
Reviewed 13 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

An incredible oasis in Honduras' beautiful Cayos Cochinos.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Our family of six (children ages 18-25) selected Honduras for our bi-annual vacation. We stumbled across this location and it turned out to be one of our favourite vacations ever. If you are looking for a 4-5 star, multiple restaurant, convenience-of-home resort, this is not the place. If you desire an oasis in the middle of the Caribbean, where you can enjoy authentic Honduran meals, people and beauty, then you have found the place. We met two American couples (we are Canadian and there are only four buildings to stay on the island and we had two). When we all departed by chance on the same day, there was little looking back - just silence and quiet tears as we all knew we found a very unique place in Central America.

Starting with the service of the owners Daryl and Nancy, you will receive unparalleled insight, support and friendship. The advice (and logistical support) we received ranged from transportation to/from the airport, the location to stay in Sambo Creek (Villa Hellen's) where you will catch an early morning (calm waters) boat to the island and ideas around food and visiting other communities in the region was incredible. Daryl even arranged a conference call to confirm plans and provide ideas prior to our departure from Canada.

On the island, be prepared to snorkel for hours, sleep in one of the many hammocks, watch the incredible sunrises and sunsets and let your daily stresses be blown away by the never-ending breezes.

We stayed 10 days. On a very small island it did not feel too long. Take Nancy and Daryl's advice to visit the local area by boat ($15/pp) and we recommend to visit the local school. Buy a drink to support their community or even plan to stay the night in their small hotel (1-2 star but incredible).

In terms of meals we chose to have dinner prepared by the cook/caretakers (Francis and Reyna) Highly advised! We had food shipped to the island for breakfast and lunch. We liked the flexibility. The other couples chose to have breakfast & lunch provided. We advise to bring extra cash to assist local artisans and to tip two beautiful people in terms of the caretakers (who have a small child by the name of Mario).

Overall - even the pictures don't do justice to this location (we take bi-annual vacations to Africa, Mexico, Costa Rica et al). It's a gem for anyone wanting to get away from it all!

Final note: not once were we concerned re security! Take Daryl's advice re taxis etc from the airport (drivers were great)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace, tranquility and incredible service.
Liked least: Would have preferred to have more friends / family with us... it was just terrific.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing