“Good fish and beer, chicken was tough.”
Review of Eagle Tavern

Eagle Tavern
Ranked #5 of 296 Restaurants in Dearborn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The atmosphere here is worth alot. It's 1850 and they sell it well. The food however is average....and pricey, which you expect in a place like Greenfield Village. I had a great Pale Ale beer and whitefish dinner. Nice fish and potatoes but the broccoli was overcooked. The wife had the chicken dinner. I like chicken, she let me try it and this was rubber chicken. 2 dinners and 1 beer was $54 before tip. Ouch.
I've had much worse meals but for this amount of bucks I expect more.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our meal but you can’t dine here unless you’re inside Greenfield Village. If you’ve paid admission to the Village and aren’t in a hurry, it’s a good sit down experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had lunch here the day we visited the Village with our grandchildren. With all the great reviews, we looked forward to the experience. The children did enjoy eating at the long tables with the candlelight, but they did not enjoy the food. My husband ate the pork loin, and I had the fish. There was nothing wrong with them, but they were just okay. The service was great. My husband felt it was a little expensive for what we were served.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had lunch there while visiting the village with our grandchildren. They ate mac and cheese and we split a plate of sausages and cheeses. For dessert strawberry shortcake.
a basket of delicious bread and muffins served with butter and blueberry jam. The lemonade was very good. Service was a little slow. A good experience in history.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You can check the menu at the door, it changes with the season.
Recommend it for families open to tasting food from the past. The servers are knowledgable and deliver drinks while you mull over the menu. Reservations are a plus, but you can often walk up and put your name on the list. I prefer this spot to Taste of History which is set up cafeteria style, booth are in Greenfield Village.