All reviews crystal club crown towers premier king samsung tablet pool area epicurean restaurant waiting room star hotel floor to ceiling windows turn down service swan river teething problems studio room beautiful hotel valet parking city view pool staff
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Had a wonderful stay at Crown Towers on a busy Saturday night. The rooms are luxurious with the most comfortable beds and a great bathroom. The only downsides to our stay was the long queue at checkin and the fact that we were unable to enjoy the pool facilities due to there being absolutely no sunlounges available at all. Busy time I know, but there really doesn't seem to be enough lounges for the amount of guests staying at the hotel. Would really have liked to enjoy the pool for the afternoon, but this was impossible. I would definitely stay again but perhaps not on a weekend when it's so crazy busy.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PebblesPerth
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My first negative TripAdvisor review, but for good reason. After a 5 hr flight to Perth and delay with car rental, the last thing I wanted at hotel check in was a 30 minute queue to check in. But this is supposedly normal and guests are told to delay check in from peak periods. We paid full rack rate , close to $500 and yet got a room on level 2 overlooking the convention centre roof. We were then hoping to take the kids on the waterslide however found out the hard way that this is only for Metropol customers despite appearing on the website and signs to this in the Crown Towers pool area. All requests/complaints to concierge and manager were ignored despite them having some discretion I would imagine on these issues. As a frequent visitor to Crown Melbourne this hotel falls way short of my experiences there and dilutes the Crown brand.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sleepytraveller73
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Towers Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Sleepytraveller73,

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delay you experienced on arrival. During peak periods we do have a large number of guests arriving at check-in time, causing inevitable short delays. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager for their consideration. Due to capacity issues, we no longer allow access to the Crown Metropol facilities, I am sorry for any disappointment. Our website has been updated, and signage will be following shortly.

If you would like to discuss your experience in any more detail, please feel free to contact me directly.

Trudy Cook
Hotel Manager
Crown Towers Perth
+61 8 9362 8593

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

As per my title. The room was top notch. Bed very comfortable. Shower, bath etc excellent. The room had a view to east Perth across the Swan River (provided) Service again excellent. Parking easy. I really have nothing bad to say.
Truly the only way to make it even better would be to make it half the price. That said if you're seeking a luxury stay the cost is not really the consideration, spoil yourself. Enjoy C

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed 2 wonderful nights with friends at Perth’s only true resort style hotel. The rooms are 5 star and I recommend a $60 upgrade for a City view room to ensure you can enjoy the wonderful river and city views. The furniture, layout and fittings are first class. With a multitude of bars and restaurants there are options galore to enjoy yourself when can drag yourself from the room. We enjoyed dinner at Nobu and then Silks, both were excellent.

The pool area is simply stunning and we enjoyed lunch in the Enclave in very comfortable surroundings. Our only “but” occurred on our final morning when we ventured to the pool area before 8am for breakfast too find almost every pool chair “reserved” but only one person in the pool. We finally found two lounges and sat on those for a short while before walking the short distance to the Epicurean poolside to order coffees and breakfast. Whilst our orders were taken quite quickly it took over 20 minutes to even get our coffees (the hotel may need to look at the ratio of servers to preparers as there are plenty of servers on the floor, but maybe not enough preparing the food or drinks?). Now this alone is not a “but” however having been away from our pool lounges for 20 minutes when we returned a lady and her 2children were now sitting on our lounges having removed our towels, magazines etc. When I asked what was going on she accused me of having moved all of her stuff (she had earlier reserved 8 lounges and the headed to the buffet breakfast for 90 minutes) and violently refused to accept that we had simply sat on two free lounges. She became quite belligerent and argumentative and was clearly not moving (the kids faces were buried in their phones whilst their Mum tee’d off to my wife and I).

It turns out the Lifeguard had moved all of her stuff in an attempt to stop people reserving lounges, but by not communicating that to her, she was immediately enraged with us. After our argument two other couples also returned to lounges they had been on to also engage in an argument with this lady given she had sought to reclaim all 8 lounges even though only her and her 2 children had returned to the pool.

Now arguing with other guests is not my idea of an ideal holiday and whilst I commend the lifeguard for trying to stop the reserving of lounges, Crown needs to both tell the guest they have moved their stuff, so they don’t blame other guests AND put signs or labels on the lounges saying No Reservations. This has been done in Asia and is now widely accepted. If you want to ensure you get a lounge and don’t want to be at the pool by 7am, I suggest you hire one of the pods or cabanas.

Hopefully Crown will take action to stamp this out quickly so all guests can enjoy the pool, when they are actually at the pool.

A postscript - the lady and her two children remained on the 3 lounges (with the other 2 couples having successfully reclaimed theirs) for a further hour, no one else arrived from their party of 8 and I don’t believe any of them went in the pool, they sat on the lounges glued to their phones. Happy holidays!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean P
CrownHotelsGM, General Manager at Crown Towers Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Sean P,

Warm greetings from Crown Towers Perth.

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. I was so pleased to learn that you had a great two night stay with us and particularly enjoyed your Premier King room and the wide range of restaurants available within the complex. I am sorry to hear there was some confusion poolside regarding the sun lounges and I would like to assure you I am working with the team to ensure our procedures are reviewed to avoid any future incidents.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise, we hope to see you back again in the near future.

Trudy Cook
Hotel Manager
Crown Towers Perth
+61 8 9362 8593

Reviewed 14 January 2018

For our 3rd year wedding anniversary, we chose to book a crystal club room at Crown Towers Perth, and was not disappointed. From the moment you enter the floor, you are greeted by staff, ready to assist you with your check in. Our room was not ready as yet, but was show to the club lounge and offered a hot/soft drink at the bar . The lounge itself was fabulous, as is the whole hotel. Views amazing, and especially at sunset. The lounge offers a breakfast, afternoon tea, and canapes with complimentary drinks during the evening.. Food offered was exceptional, and i highly recommend booking a club room for a special occasion, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool View
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple