All reviews no elevator biscuits and gravy waffles first floor would stay here again clean rooms king room free breakfast great price great place to stay short drive front desk staff bike trail castle farms hot tub harbor springs traverse city
Reviewed 26 August 2016

The staff was friendly and knowledgable and the breakfast was better than I expected. But the hotel is not well maintained or very clean. Our showers in the morning were barely lukewarm. I spent way to much money to have a cold shower. The staff however did nothing to rectify or improve the issue.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Hotels location is good and the staff is great. My king bed had broken down along the edges (huge bump in the middle). Carpets were threadbare in spots. Breakfast had a good selection and was clean. My room wasn't serviced as well as I would have liked, but it was ok.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016

This hotel is nice, clean, with a decent breakfast, but is a very basic hotel. Not a lot of frills. I paid $200/ night because of the location and the time of year. Otherwise, I would not have considered paying this much for this type of hotel.

We did encounter a problem with a noisy wedding party/guests arriving late during the night and slamming doors and talking very loudly in the hallway. The hotel has signs posted and info in the hotel room about lowering noise levels after a certain hour, but nothing was done to enforce this policy.

When I mentioned this issue while checking out the next morning, the staff person was courteous enough about it, and gave me $20 off my bill (which didn't seem like much, but I was grateful for something). However, I was left feeling like this issue was more my problem than the wedding party/guests.

I may stay here again, but would probably think twice about it if i could find another hotel that met my needs.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 17 August 2016

For the price, the room was very small for a family of 4, and no additional vanity room in sink area for toiletries of more than one person. The room smelled stale, was not walking distance to the downtown area (which is charming), and breakfast was not very exciting. For the price, I was underwhelmed.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Appears relatively new. Clean and comfortable for the price. Very quite! Breakfast typical fare. Staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and suggestions. No elevator so request a first floor if mobility issues. Would stay again.

Room tip: No elevator. Ask for first floor if mobility issues.