“Not impressed with service”

The Boathouse Bar and Grill
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Caseville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Tried out this restaurant in early June. We were there during regular dinner time on the weekend and the place only had a couple tables of customers. Our waitress was not very bright. I asked her what kind of pasta they had because it says on the sign outside the door that they have it. She told me that sometimes it is on special but it isn't regularly on the menu. I then see the patron at the table next to us being served a pasta dish. Guess what? It was on special that night and she didn't even know it (figured this out when reading the specials sign on the way out. The waitress could not describe haddock fish, which is what I ordered. I had them prepare it broiled with lemon pepper and it was pretty tasteless. My husband ordered a burger and it was good, the onion rings were also good. I ordered the french onion soup and it was pretty bland. My salad was not served before or with my meal and when I told the waitress she just brought it out in a to-go container! It was a good salad, when I did eat it later at home (bleu cheese dressing was great). Overall this could have been a better dining experience, maybe we will go back and try again.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

We started our weekend at the Boathouse for dinner. The atmosphere is nice and they have good Bloody Mary($9.00). The ribeye steak was good but I was disappointed to find frozen vegetable medley.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Stopped for lunch and was a little concerned because it was almost 1 PM and the restaurant was completely empty. We decided to try it anyhow and are glad we did. The food was prepared well and the house Chardonnay was very nice.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner- great atmosphere!!! When the server asked for our drink order, I asked her if they had ice- she looked a little confused (see review of Giuseppe's). I had the French onion soup and it was hot and delicious! They had chicken dumpling soup, which sounded good too. I had grilled chicken caeser salad and it was really good. Family members had chicken nuggets, cheeseburger and fries which were declared better than 5 Guys (most recent great burger eaten). Will totally visit again!!!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

3 of us went on Saturday all had steaks and everybody was saying how good they were. It took a little while to get but we could see they were pretty full up. Food was great, staff was great for what they were dealing with. Good tunes too.

1  Thank _bamumka