“Not as good as it used to be”

Birch Run Premium Outlets
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Birch Run
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located 90 miles north of Detroit and just minutes from Frankenmuth, Birch Run Premium Outlets is the largest outlet center in the Midwest, attracting shoppers from all over Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and southwestern Ontario, Canada. Birch Run Premium Outlets is located off I-75, the main artery to Northern Michigan, which serves as a popular destination for resorts, camping, fishing, wine tasting, golf courses and more. Local Shop & Stay packages are available.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018

There is now a whole section of this outlet empty. I appreciate the stores were relocated so they are easier to get to but it seems to draw attention to the decline. During my latest trip I was able to get what I needed at reasonable prices but I am just as happy shopping at the Tanger Outlet in Howell and it is a lot closer to my home. If you are planning to visit Frankenmuth this isn't a bad stop but it is not a destination for me like it once was.

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"navy"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our overnight stay at an adjacent motel drew us to this large outlet mall located next door. There are a large number of retail stores geared mainly to female shoppers. What was missing was a good sporting goods outlet and a national electronics outlet. Birch Run is definitely not aimed at my gender or demographic.

1  Thank Allan H
Reviewed 19 June 2018

As reviews below...this Outlet is going down hill. only 70% occupied not many buses except for the odd Cdn. bus tour. Many big name brands stores are not here like other premium outlet malls all over the USA. Price points are higher than other outlets I have shopped at in Grove City, Toronto and Waterloo. This outlet is not a destination point it's an amenity to Frankenmuth.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Don L
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Overall the shopping was good. Even with the exchange we found some great deals. You need to know your prices or you can pay more than shopping in Canada. The stores we did buy things in, we're great! Found almost everything we were looking for. I must say, I was a bit disappointed in the Coach and Micheal Kors stores, I was looking for a crossbody bag, but the selection wasn't as good as other stores I'd been in, so needless to say I left without buying one.
But I did get great outfits at Dress barm and Van Huesen.
Inspite of many empty stores, it was a great weekend!