All reviews quiche martha's vineyard breakfast was delicious pie homemade granola oceanographic institute cape cod penzance room perfect location lobster tacos common areas off season breakfast room the bed was extremely comfortable ferry terminal quicks hole tavern each morning
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I'm writing this review as an innkeeper on Cape Cod. My partner Ali and I have been in the hospitality industry our entire lives. We currently own a historic inn on the north side of the Cape, and have also owned a AAA 4-Diamond inn and restaurant in NY, among other ventures, so we know a little about hospitality. Beth Colt (owner of The Woods Hole Inn and its restaurants) is someone we hold in very high regard as she seems to do everything just right. The Woods Hole Inn's location speaks for itself--I know that many of the other reviews rave about it's ideal setting and proximity to the Martha's Vineyard ferry, the shops and restaurants of laid back and quaint Woods Hole, the Cape's best bike trails and the bustling and colorful Main Street, Falmouth. What WE love the most about The Woods Hole Inn is that it's the perfect spot for us to take a short break from our inn and responsibilities and go and feel pampered for 24 hours. The staff at Beth's inn are simply some of the best on Cape Cod. They are extremely knowledgeable, always quick with a recommendation or to answer a question and genuinely seem to love working at this special property (even the valets who were really fun to talk to--parking is free for guests, and if you know Woods Hole this amenity is worth its own 5-stars). The Woods Hole Inn is the perfect blend of feels--you know you're staying in a classic, historic property, but you're not giving up on any modern amenities (and the place is VERY clean!). For great meals you don't have to leave the property. Our 2 favorite restaurants in Woods Hole fall under the Woods Hole Inn umbrella (another testament to Beth Colt). The lobster tacos at the downstairs Quicks Hole Taqueria are simply some of the best things you can put in your mouth. As a published food writer, I featured these luscious tacos and their many home-made salsa choices in an article a while back that was WAY too fun to write. You can sit outside and bask in the sun, have a taco and a local beer and watch the world walk by. Around the corner is their other restaurant, Quicks Hole Tavern, a fun "farm-to-table gastropub" that overlooks the water and is as scrumptious as it is inventive (their "Pig Candy"--crispy pork belly with sweet apple jalapeño relish--should be featured as a postcard (if the beaches, seagulls and whale tails don't make your friends jealous back home, this will!). So, if you're coming to Cape Cod for some adventure, or a little romance, or perhaps you're just an innkeeper in need of a little pampering of your own, The Woods Hole Inn hits all the high marks. Thank you Beth, for restoring our souls!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LambAndLion
Beth C, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Tom and Ali -- In addition to being amazing innkeepers (everyone check out the Lamb and Lion in Barnstable as it is truly amazing) you are also incredible writers! We are honored that you insiders would choose us for a little R&R right before your busy season. Thank you for coming, and for writing this incredible review. We love you! xo Beth Colt, owner

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely couple of nights at this gem of an Inn at Woods Hole. The staff is friendly and helpful and the inn is right by the ferry, for a convenient trip to further explore the area. There are numerous delicious restaurants and lunch spots all within a 5 minute walk. The breakfast at this inn is outstanding! We hope to go back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Beth C, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear FR Teacher - Thank you for your five star review of our Cape Cod bed and breakfast! We hope to see you soon in Woods Hole.

sincerely -

Beth Colt
owner

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I have stayed here before, many years ago, and it is still as lovely and accomodating as it was then! I brought my little dog with me and they were kind enough to offer me their sole "dog" room with separate entrance and hardwood floors.
They actually went so far as to upgrade a guest who had booked the room, but had not yet arrived, to offer me the room as it was only one to take the dog. I arrived late in the day and they were really thoughtful to do that.
The place is located perfectly: close to the ferry / water, nice restaurants and Pie in the Sky where you can grab a snack or sit outside in their cafe area. They allowed me to park on site, and also allowed me to keep the car there after check out to accomodate my day trip to Vineyard Haven. (it was off peak)
The room itself was perfect for me, separate entrance, hardwood floors, lovely bath/shower and comfy bed. The breakfast was lovely. Dog not allowed in breakfast room, but we were able to eat in the outdoor seating area. Coffee is from Pie in the Sky next door.
I usually only go the the Cape off season due to crowds and heat but I will likely be back here at that time!

Note I don't think your dog is allowed in the room if you are not there. It wasn't a problem for me but good to know if you had plans without.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Beth C, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thanks Betti14! I am so glad you and your dog enjoyed the dog friendly village of Woods Hole with lots of outdoor eateries and easy access to the Vineyard ferry. We do only have one pet-friendly room, and we do ask that you keep your pet with you not alone in the room. We hope to see you again soon in our pet-friendly Cape Cod lodging. sincerely -- Beth Colt, owner

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I had business in Woods Hole, Cape Cod and felt so at home at the Woods Hole Inn, an updated B&B right in the heart of the quaint Woods Hole village. The Inn provided valet parking,, a basket of local food treats, fruit and coffee/tea and filtered water all at anytime with no extra charge. The Inn is surrounded by restaurants, coffee shops, bars, unique retail boutiques and is two minutes from the ferry- ideal. Finally, it is very close to all of the science organizations at Woods Hole.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for our wedding night. Beautiful room and staff was very friendly. Excellent service. Very clean with balcony. Breakfast was amazing. Everything exceeded expectations. Will stay again for sure.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Beth C, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Malcolm -- Congratulations on your wedding! We are honored you chose our Falmouth hotel for your wedding night. We wish you both all the best in the years to come. Please come visit us again soon.

Sincerely -