“Overrated by Phantom Gourmet”
Review of Main Street Grille

Main Street Grille
Ranked #23 of 130 Restaurants in Weymouth
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a full service family restaurant and bar. We provide plenty of High Definition Tv's for viewing as well as Trivia two days per week. We have a fairly large menu of scratch made items.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The four of us will promptly greeted by what look like the owner who status immediately. To start off with we had the Santa Fe chicken egg rolls they were gross. The corn tasted old and the chicken was mushy. I've never had an egg roll wrap like this and it was hard as a rock. For an entree two people in my party got burgers and they said that they were good. Another person got the chicken pot pie and also liked it. I got the California Chicken and it was pretty boring. The chicken was much smaller than the roll and it wasn't grilled or anything it felt like it was broiled. I know the Phantom Gourmet was a huge lover of this restaurant but from what I've seen the food has seriously taken a toll since they reviewed it. We would not go back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I was in Boston with a friend and we went to Main Street Grill with a regular on a Monday night. Now Monday night is pizza night, 4 bucks for a cheese pizza, you can add toppings for an upcharge. We were greeted by Keith, an excellent bartender, kept our drinks filled and was knowledgeable about the other items on on the menu. My friends' got pizza and I got a cup of clam chowder and wings. Both were perfect and I am picky about wings! My friends' pizza was tasty too. If you are in the Weymouth area, stop in for great service and food. Monday is trivia night and the place is hopping after about 7:30!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Came in for a late lunch/early dinner about 4 pm. Busy bartender seated & served us. Beverages came out quickly. The appetizer came out hot and was tasty. Most of the patrons were there for drinks, appetizers, cribbage and laughs. It was loud at times. When the food came out, the only item that was hot and flavorful was the garlic spinach. The turkey was thick slabs of barely warmish preformed turkey breast with salty flavorless gravy, also tepid. The stuffing and mashed potatoes were bland and barely warm. The kids meal was supposed to come with fries, but didn't. We didn't bother to ask for it. The pasta was ok & the red sauce acidic. Neither of finished our meals. Noticed when others came in they just got an appetizer and drinks, then left. The people at the bar and card players stayed a good while, so it appears to be a good hangout for them. Had to ask for the hoodsie cup that was to come with the kid's meal when the bartender came to offer our check. No dessert offer was made, drinks weren't checked for refills. I can understand the busyness of the bartender when it was busy for her and the wait staff wasn't scheduled to begin. She was pleasant and cheerful. In my opinion, the definition of family restaurant wasn't met. The food was edible.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Met a friend for drinks and a quick bite. I ordered the ribs and by far the best around. The meat was falling off the bone! I brought some home for my son to try and he loved them and has gone back for more!! I can't speak of some of their food but I can for those delicious ribs.

Chris D, Owner at Main Street Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for the kind words! Hope to see you back soon.

All the best,
Chris

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Very accommodating to our large party. Good was fantastic and service was excellent. A great family dining experience and an awesome spot to catch a game.

-Dan

1  Thank danorat

Thank you for the nice review and kind words. Hope to see you back again sometime soon. Have a great summer.

All the best,