“An excellent place”
Review of Branch Line

Branch Line
Reserve with OpenTable
Branch Line is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Watertown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

i had lunch there after about an 8 month time of not being near the location. I had their excellent roast chicken soup. Lots of chance of tasty chicken and a great broth. I ate dessert of sweet cream ice cream with caramel and roasted hazelnuts.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In Boston touring with teenage son; he chose this restaurant for dinner and it was incredible! He had a pork steak (ate every bite), and I had the Atlantic swordfish—completely amazing—and we shared some fried potatoes which were crisp and perfect. His dessert was the vanilla cream ice cream with caramel and hazelnuts; delicious. We did not want to let a single bite go uneaten. My swordfish came with creamy carrots and charred sugar snap peas which added flavor and texture to complete the dish. Atmosphere was enjoyable, decor trendy. Also has a patio which looked as great. I thought prices were as expected. Service was very good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You come here for the rotisserie chicken! That's the specialty and it's really good. Outdoor seating is fantastic, and the staff were great. Several other items on the menu our group tried, including the prime rib and salmon, and all were pleased. Craft beer selection was really good as well. Very laid back atmosphere but a touch of upscale made it a fun dinner.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always an excellent meal all around here. Chow, service, fine beer and wine selection, atmosphere. How can you beat it? Parking is easy too. Loved our apps... snap pea salad (always a must), mushrooms... then roast chicken and excellent sides, esp. the carrots.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First let me say that the location is just perfect. I live in the area and we lack places like this: casual atmosphere, outside seating, quiet, no fuss type of place. Service was really really nice: attentive but not overwhelming.
Now why just a two star rating? Well the food is very average at its best but prices are not. My rotisserie drippings for $4 is just an excuse to pay for bread, it was simply watered down broth. My strip steak for $58 (for two) was the hardest steak I’ve had in a long long time in a restaurant. We were there with two other people, and their food was less than great as well.
To summarize, my two stars is about value for money. Would I go back? Possibly, to have a few beers at the bar because they have a very good list but food would be out of the question.