All reviews each morning martha's vineyard spent one night helpful information sun room bus routes using public transportation ceiling fan fresh baked cookies beds were comfortable own bathroom breakfast was delicious woods hole three nights home away from home lisa island
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

First time to Martha’s Vineyard. We were greeted right away and given helpful information about what Martha’s Vineyard had to offer in terms of places to eat, where to find good craft beers and tropical drinks, and what sights / beaches to go to. There is easy access to the public bus system which makes it easier to get around the island and avoid concerns about parking. The room was comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was delicious and offered options like carrot soufflé, blueberry stuffed fresh toast, yogurt & granola, and assorted pastries. We really enjoyed our stay and optimized our time with all the good information you shared with us.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara A C
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We spent one night at this accommodation and were very happy with our stay here.
Rooms were comfortable and the whole house had some quite quirky traits to it which made it really appealing.
Its location is really handy if you want to walk to downtown Vineyard Haven and also handy for the ferry port if you needed it.
We were unable to have breakfast the next morning as we had an early start so i cannot comment on that area.
This was also one of the cheapest places to stay that we could find on the island and booked it well in advance.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Spent a solitary night on Martha's Vineyard and our accommodation was excellent, a really quaint house full of opulent, antique furnishing. The rooms were great, and expansive, and hosts were welcoming and helpful. The Clark House is a short ten minutes walk from the ferry dock and I'd recommend to all travellers. I cannot comment on the breakfast because we had to catch an early ferry back to the mainland but what was coming out of the kitchen as we departed look fabulous!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jasowl
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Mother (80 years old) and I just spent four nights at The Clark House. We loved every minute of our stay. I did a lot of research on B&B's on the island and called many on the phone to ask additional questions. Steve, the owner of the B&B was extremely helpful on the phone as well as in person. Steve checked in with us each morning during breakfast to learn about our plans for the day and if we needed any help. Lisa, was also very helpful and knowledgable and helped us make plans for the day. We stayed in room 3 with the sunroom. It was so darling and had very comfortable beds. Room 3 is upstairs. We had our own bathroom and sunroom with a chair, sofa, and table. The sunroom has lots of windows on all three sides.We saw wild turkeys in the neighbor's backyard fly up into the trees to roost for the night. That was a real treat to see. It was bright and sunny in the sunroom, but that didn't bother us in the morning because the beds were in the connecting room with one window. We had a ceiling fan and AC unit. The AC was very cold, so we just used the ceiling fan. The buffet breakfast each morning was delicious. They changed one or two of the items in the buffet each morning so you didn't have exactly the something every morning. The Clark House is located close to downtown Vineyard Haven and one could easily walk to town. While checking in at The Clark House, three women walked from the Vineyard Haven ferry with their luggage. I wouldn't recommend it, but they did it. Everyone who stayed at the B&B was very friendly and kind. It was fun to talk to others and hear what they did the day before or hear about their plans for the day. It was my first experience staying at a B&B. I would definitely do it again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Obviously Lisa and Steve are among the best in hospitality industry. I was on a mission to let my relatives experience a bit taste of Best of America in a tight schedule. Leg of Martha's Vineyard was put one day and an overnight stay in whole itinerary. After found out there was no room for my vehicle on the next day Steamboat outward from the Island, I had to park car in Woods Hole and took the group to the Island by using public transportation. Lisa kindly let us checked in earlier, made detailed tour suggestions, helped me download bus routes apps and even patiently walked me out to the Bus Wave Stop on Edgartown Road. In result, we spent quite a quality time at Edgartown and enjoyed fresh caught seafood in Menemsha while viewing the sacred sunset there! The next morning in the bright breakfast room, Steve came to share his knowledge about Martha’s Vineyard with everyone while tending from table to table.
Clark House is not at the edge of posh lodging category but it presents the true American standard: a place with high quality and fine taste by devoted Innkeepers for all respectful guests. The place is clean and quiet, the comfy night bathing robe and sumptuous morning buffet are two big pluses. Its location is very convenient, there are bus stops nearby (on State Road) take you around the island. Also, its an easy walk distance between Clark House and the Port.
At the end of trip, everybody was happy and praised me the job’s well done. Honestly, I would say it was my luck to find Clark House at Twin Oaks Inn.

Date of stay: September 2017