All reviews quiche owner steve the bus system martha's vineyard day bus pass very pleased with our stay busy road sun porch perfect hosts every morning oak bluffs room was spacious beach towels minute walk from the ferry mini fridge downtown vineyard haven cookies
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Nice can walk into town. Place was clean and nice. Got a one bedroom. Had a deck to sit on. Easy to get around from. Breakfast was very nice. Staff was very helpful and nice. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

There was a feces stain on the bed cover. The manager argued with me about what it was instead of apologizing. I know feces when I smell it and that’s exactly what it was. The fact my bed had feces on it was only made worse by the manager telling me it was either transfer from the cleaning person not changing gloves or chocolate. Either way the room was unsanitary. Never have I paid $300 for a bed with poop in it. Not worth it. Save yourself the eventual visit to the doctor for your pink eye.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank erica j
stephen p, Owner at Hanover House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

There was not a feces stain on the top, all white, bed sheet. That was a piece of chocolate that you dropped off of one of the three chocolate bars that you had in your room. You had been in the room for over 7 hours by the time you asked me to change the sheets. Plus you had sat up on the bed, right on top of the spot. Since it was a dark fresh spot, not there when you checked in, as you would have noticed it right away, we have to say it was chocolate. Now if it was feces on the all white bed cover, you placed it there.
We cleaned your room top to bottom after you notified us that you were unhappy. But, it was not there when you checked in and your room was clean and sanitary. You created the entire situation and made everyone in your party feel uncomfortable. You told me on your first night that I had ruined your vacation. I am sorry that you are such a fragile person and could not hold up to a small spot, no bigger than a dime, on a top cover of a bed sheet. That you made such a huge scene about unsanitary conditions. After the weekend you should have chosen to "let it go", but alas you decided to go public and now the truth comes out.
We hope you chose to stay somewhere else next time.
Lisa

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Hanover House is a nice B&B located in Vineyard Haven, on Martha's Vineyard. It's close to everything, including the Steamship to Woods Hole, and the Black Dog Restaurant. Check in was easy, and you even get escorted to your room. Nice breakfast spread in the morning, making this a good value overall.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank davidlaite
Reviewed 25 July 2018

From you arrival and Sue showing you to your room to your daily breakfast conversations with the ownner Steve you feel so welcomed. Steve always asked if you needed any information about the island. The staff is also very attentive and polite. Very nice breakfast. Thanks to Sue for answering our daily “what is the best way to get here question”

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhkrebs2018
stephen p, Owner at Hanover House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Thanks so much for your kind comments..... your Sue is our Lisa!
See you next time!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Hanover House four nights for wife's birthday trip! She's always wanted to visit MV and I'm glad we found out about Hanover House! The staff, manager and owner were extremely nice and very helpful in making our stay enjoyable, not only while on the premises but in making sure we did some great touring. The daily breakfast was great...as were the self serve chocolate chip cookies that came in handy for evening snacks :-). Ot was aldo convenient by bus and Uber to get to each town (we left our car at home). Wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely stay at HH again.

Thanks for helping make my wife's 60th birthday and our mini-vacation an awesome time!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple