“Shepherd's Pie”

Joe's Diner
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a real diner. Looks like we stepped back into the 1950s. But all is good here. Prices, service, large portions of tasty food. We left with big smiles on our face even if it was pouring rain outdoors.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I often come here when getting my car inspected or getting an oil change next door. It's a place in Taunton where you can stop by late at night after going out, or in the morning while running errands. I got a breakfast sandwich and potatoes- very good, bit greasy. The potatoes were spiced with something strong...curry? I'm not sure, but different than your normal everyday potatoes. Quick service and great food.

1  Thank su2doz
Reviewed 12 January 2018

real diner food, everything i've had here was good, and reasonably priced.great turket, and meatloaf dinners, their daily specials are excellent.

1  Thank joe d
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The service was great - friendly, attentive without rushing us. Classic diner experience - everything made to order; they were happy to take custom requests and got the order right. The only "con" is the eggs were a bit too greasy for me, but then again i had the all-mixed-up scramble with ham and sausage.

Overall, it was a perfect meal after a cold soccer game; my son polished off the plain scrambled egg and texas french toast.

1  Thank MerlineB
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Went here with my husband, long story why we were there. We satin front of the grill which was certainly an interesting show, and I was very impressed with how frequently they cook cleaned the grill and processed the surfaces that were in the area. However, when I got my pancakes, they really tasted like all of the other stuff that had been on the grill prior to it. I got corn beef hash also, which was okay but wasn't anything spectacular. My husband got a kind of omelette which they call a mix-up, which has all different kinds of meats and cheese inside. When we get this at other restaurants we expect kind of a Scrambler type of thing, but that's not what we got here. Would I come back? I think so if I was in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip.

1  Thank HeatherB-NP

Been to Joe's Diner? Share your experiences!